Chapter 17 - The reunion

Chapter 16 - After talking to Tom, Alexis came back to see Nathan awake. "Can't sleep?" Alexis asked. "Whiskers isn't here" Nathan said. "Who is Whiskers?" Alexis asked. "My teddy" Nathan blushed. "Oh, I don't have a teddy but I can give cuddles too. And I promise that I don't bite" Alexis chuckled as he got in bed next to Nathan. "Go to sleep, Nath. I'll keep you safe just like Whiskers" Alexis assured Nathan. Tomorrow morning when Tom will come, Nathan will be very angry at Alexis for having told Tom where he was but until tomorrow comes, Alexis decided to forget about it and just be there for Nathan. After all, Nathan was his best friend, he would be there for him.

Trusting Alexis to keep him safe, Nathan closed his eyes and let sleep claim him.

~~~~~~~~

*Alexis's house*

Alexis was somewhat dreading the morning. He had a feeling that the reunion of Tom and Nathan wouldn't be that nice. Waking up next to a sound asleep Nathan, Alexis rolled on his side, to face the boy, quietly so as not to wake the boy. Staring for sometime at Nathan who had the bottom of Alexis's shirt in a tight grip with his thumb in his mouth, he looked so peaceful but Alexis doubted this would remain as so when Tom comes. Slipping out of the bed quietly, Alexis now had just to wait for Tom to arrive.

*The Wanted house*

Tom was really impatient to go see his little brother. He had been so worried when Nathan ran out. It didn't calm his worries when the boys returned saying they couldn't find Nathan. Finally, he was able to breathe when Alexis called him saying that Nathan was at his house. Tom couldn't describe how thankful he was to Alexis for keeping Nathan safe. Today, he would finally be able to meet his baby brother. Tom had no idea how he could convince Nathan that he wasn't going to forget him no matter if he marries Kelsey or not. But still he had to see Nathan and reassure himself first.

"What are you thinking mate?" Max asked Tom as he saw how worried Tom was. "I don't know if I can convince Nathan to come back" Tom sighed. "I'm sure the little dude will understand, Tom" Jay said. "Tom, I think we should push back our engagement" Kelsey said. "Kels, I'm..." Tom trailed off. "No, I mean... If Nathan is insecure about us then I think we should be reassuring him rather than being selfish and thinking about ourselves. We can engage anytime. Right now, Nathan is our priority." Kelsey said. "Kels, I don't know what I'll do without you" Tom smiled, giving Kelsey a kiss. "Shall we go fetch our little man then?" Siva asked. "It's been just a day but I already miss him" Nareesha added. "Me too guys... Me too" Tom said.

*Alexis's house*

When Nathan woke up, he noticed how Alexis looked a bit worried. Not thinking much about it, Nathan got showered and dressed up in Alexis's clothes. It looked a bit bigger on him but it was like emitting comfort to him. Walking down to the kitchen, Nathan sat down with Alexis quietly sipping the tea Alexis passed to him when the doorbell rang. "Nath, I need you to be calm and to just relax, okay? This was necessary buddy. I'm really sorry." Alexis said as he walked to the door. "Why are you saying...?" Nathan trailed off when the door opened and he saw Tom and Kelsey.

"I told you I don't want to meet them" Nathan shouted at Alexis. "Please buddy, just listen to them" Alexis sighed. "No, did you want me to get out of your house, Alex? You could have told me straightaway instead of calling them." Nathan shouted, "I hate you." "Nath, listen to us, please?" Tom said. Nathan shook his head and was about to make his way out of the house when Alexis grabbed his hand. "Hey, no running again. You know how worried you got your brother? Are you that much selfish, Nath?" Alexis shouted. Seeing the tear filled eyes of Nathan had Alexis feeling a bit guilty. "Bud, listen... Just listen to them, okay?" Alexis said.

Seeing that Nathan wasn't either running or screaming, Tom took it as his only chance right now. Crouching down in front of Nathan, Tom took Nathan's hands in his. "I'm sorry baby. I know you had just gotten me after so long and then all of a sudden I told you I want to get engage and it's not fair to you. Mum and Dad had ignored you for so long and it's natural for you to be scared that I'm going to forget you if Kelsey and I get together. But know one thing baby; whether Kelsey and I get engaged or get married also, I will never forget you. You're my brother, baby. How can I forget my little baby?" Tom asked. "Nath, if it will reassure you, we decided not to get engaged right now. How about we give it some time? If you feel I'm the right choice for your brother then you'll choose when we can get engaged." Kelsey said.

Nathan looked from his brother to Kelsey. "Come on baby, we all missed you so much" Max said. "Please Nath, come back home" Tom said, tears rolling down his face. Looking at Nathan's face, the boys and Nareesha were a bit discouraged since Nathan wasn't even looking at Tom or Kelsey. But then Nathan turned slightly to Tom and raised his hands placing it on Tom's face to slowly wipe the tears away. "Come back?" Tom asked and smiling when Nathan nodded. He pulled his brother in a hug. Standing up, Tom lifted Nathan in his arms, holding his brother close. He had come so close to losing his brother again.

Finally, Nathan had agreed to come back home. Turning to Alexis, Tom mouthed 'thank you.' Nodding Alexis smiled at Tom. The boys made sure to say their thanks to Alexis also before they followed Nathan home.

*The Wanted House*

Still holding Nathan close, Tom sat down on the couch. He didn't know how he would stay away from Kelsey but if staying away from Kelsey meant he could reassure his baby brother that he would be with him forever then so be it. "Hey buddy, you know Whiskers missed you" Jay said. "I missed Whiskers too" Nathan said. "Come on let's go meet him then" Jay said, throwing Nathan over his shoulder and earning a few hearty giggles. Jay knew Tom and Kelsey would need some time to talk now so he offered to keep Nathan busy. Nareesha squeezed Kelsey's shoulder as she and Siva left them alone. Max also followed them out leaving Tom and Kelsey alone.

"I'm sorry" Tom breathed out. "No, don't be. We would do anything for Nathan, right? Let's give it some time. When we have waited for so much, let's wait for some more." Kelsey said. Tom smiled sadly leaning in to kiss Kelsey.

Upstairs in his room, Nathan held Whiskers in his arms when he remembered Alexis. Alexis had kept him safe for the night and he told him that he hates him. Quickly grabbing his phone, Nathan sent Alexis a text. I don't hate you. 'You know that right?' ~ Nath. 'Really?' :P ~ Alex. 'ALEX!!! I'm sorry alright!' ~ Nath. 'I know bud and you're already forgiven' :D ~ Alex. 'Thank you' ~ Nath

Smiling, Nathan reflected on the past events. He didn't hate Kelsey but right now he didn't want to think about that. He had just gotten his brother back. And no he wasn't being selfish, or was he?

A/N

Dedicated to

Nazzayah, RoxaneLebolesch, nathaholic_tw, kylehoran568, Bonnie12345678, Panwar1205, Mel_Amelia and paytonluvstoread!

Thank you to those reading.

P.S - What do you think about Tom and Kelsey pushing away their engagement for the sake of Nathan? And is Nathan being selfish? Or is it justified for someone who has always been neglected to be scared of losing his brother?

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment.

xx Hailey