Dreading the First Day

*RING! RING! RING!*

I opened my eyes and groaned at the thought of school. Five Fifty. I got up and went to my bathroom. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, crimped my hair [which only took ten minutes], applied mascara and eyeliner and then went to my closet to change.

The dress had thick straps, the design on it was floral with white/ivory threading at the bottom, the background of the dress was dark purple, it draped right below my knees. I added a white cardigan and matching purple lacy flats. I stood in front of my mirror. I was going to make a good first impression today.

*beep*

Joyce: You're still wearing a dress right?

Me to Joyce: Of course! Purple floral one!

I looked at the time. It was six thirty. I grabbed my bag, slinging the strap over my head and did a last minute outfit check. I was all set. I also added a few bracelets last minute. I made my way down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Morning!" I said kissing my mom on the cheek, punching Jon in the arm, and hugging EJ.

"How come he gets a hug?!" whined Jon.

"Because yesterday you took my cereal!" I laughed.

"Alright, enough. Here, now eat your breakfast." My mom said giving a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon. Text message.

Tristan: Still riding with me?

Me to Tristan: Yeah! Are you already here?

Tristan: I'll be there shortly.

I finished my breakfast under five minutes. I heard a honk. I drank my water and headed out, doing a last, last minute check in front of the mirror by the door. It was six forty-five. I walked out to Tristan's car and got in.

"Wow, you look amazing." He said. Both of us blushing.

"Thanks." I scanned his outfit. "You don't look so bad yourself."

After five minutes, we arrived at school. Tristan parked his car in the farthest parking spot ever. I complained, but got over it. We both walked into the crowding school towards the overhang. We got a lot of stares and we heard whispers. I spotted Joyce and rushed over to the gang.

"Hey guys!" I greeted them!

"Omg! Nic, you look hot!" Joyce complimented.

"So do you!" I said hugging her.

Tristan started talking to the boys. Wow. At least he was getting comfortable around them. I spotted a few other friends. We all chit chatted and asked about the schedules. I had a few in first. When the warning bell rang, we all said bye and headed off in different directions. I grabbed Tristan's arm and tugged him with me.

A few girls were staring and glaring, whispering to each. I ignored them and kept walking.

First was the longest period ever! Started off with morning announcements and then Hernandez started attendance. Tristan and I sat in the back. Mr. Hernandez went over so many things. He was lecturing us about lecturing. I could already tell it was going to be hard and boring class. When second came around, I walked Tristan halfway and then walked back to my room, I was almost late.

"Letty! Over here, we saved you a seat!" waved Thomas from the far right back corner. Everyone's eyes turned back at me. Whoa. Sheesh. I slowly made my way to them.

"Why were you almost late?" Joyce asked secretly texting Logan.

"I walked Tristan halfway to his next class." I said taking out one of my notebooks.