Break Even Moments

I grabbed my phone and looked at the screen. Aiden. Aiden? What the flying cheese?

Aiden: Hey, are you sleeping?

Aiden: hah. Sorry stupid question. Uh. Never mind.

Should I reply? Or should I just not and reply in the morning. If I can't fall back asleep, then I'll reply. I lie there with my eyes wide open.

"Oh, what the heck!" Curiosity took over and I grabbed my phone.

Me to Aiden: Hey. (: It's okay, what's up?

I don't usually add smiley faces, but I don't know why I did. 

I hit the send button. Wait. What if he fell asleep already? Dang it, now I've probably woke him up again! I slapped my forehead and slid back under the covers.

Aiden: I'm just bored. Your brother snores loud!

I was taken aback when Aiden replied. I slightly laugh.

Me to Aiden: Tell me about it. LOL. I can hear him from my room!

Aiden: hahaha. Yeah and Charles moves too much.

Me to Aiden: That stinks.

Aiden: Yeah, I've been awake the past hour.

Me to Aiden: rlly?! Why don't you sleep in the guest bedroom?

Aiden: Occupied with Olivia and Maddie. -______-.

I thought about it for a while. I always had that extra bed in my closet for when I had sleepovers. I feel bad for him.

Me to Aiden: You can sleep in my room? I have an extra bed?

Aiden: really? Thanks. I'll be there soon.

I heard a door creak open and then close. Then I heard a soft knock and my door opened.

"Hey!" He whispered.

"Hey" I said laying back down.

"Uh, Nic?"

"Yeah?"

"Where am I going to sleep?"

Oh! That's right. He needs to get it from out of my closet.

"I have a mattress in my closet. Uh, here, you can use my blanket." I said taking off the top layer of my blanket.

"Alright. Cool." Aiden turned on my light causing me to squint and go blind. He walked to my closet and pulled out the twin mattress and brought it by the foot of my bed. I threw him a pillow and he grabbed my blanket.

We laid there in silence. I could tell he was still awake because he kept, moving. He tosses and turns when he's nervous.

"Nic?" He finally said.

"Hmm" I mumbled. It was already four.

"Never mind. Go to sleep."

"Oh alright." I giggled. 

There was silence then I heard light snores. I will never know what he was going to say. I turned to left facing away from him and darkness fell over me.

****

"Do you think he slept walked?" I heard from outside of my door.

"I don't know. We've looked everywhere. His car is still here."

"Call him again." It went silent for a second and then Aiden's phone started to ring.

"You hear it?!"