Semi-finals

The weather today said it will be pouring rain. No point in fixing my hair so I just left it down. I wore t-shirt with a purple sweater over and a leather jacket. I wore dark blue jeans and black leather boots. I put a medium umbrella in my sports bag and grabbed my other bag and headed downstairs.

“Dad, mom, remember! 3:30!! See you!” I called walking out the door with the others. It was raining! We all hurried inside the car and drove off to school.

First period was boring; we were reviewing for our test this Thursday. In second, we had an open book test. Easiest thing ever.

“Hey Letty!” Bryce waved as we neared the door to French. He was wearing fitted jeans a plain white t-shirt and his black zip up jacket was unzipped.

“Hey! Aren’t you cold? I’m like wearing a thousand layers of clothing and I’m still freezing.” He just laughed and sat down.

“Nicolle, may I please have a word with you?” Mrs. Claude said I got up and made my way to her desk. “Well, Mrs. Sutter needs help with tutoring her French One students. I was wondering if you are up for it. It’s not an afterschool, break or lunch thing. She was hoping to have you tutor her class during this class period. I agreed to let you go to her class once a week. Since you are my top student, nothing will change your grade. If you agree, you can go ahead and make your way to her class right now.” “Uhm, Sure. That will be fine.”

If it isn’t going to hurt my grade, it won’t hurt me.

“Lovely. Here is a pass. Don’t worry; you won’t miss a lesson you don’t already know.”

I smiled and walked back to my desk to grab my bag.

“I’ll see you guys later.” I said to EJ and Bryce.

I walked out of the classroom into the cold misty air and made my way around the building. When I knocked on the door and then opened it, all heads turned to me.

“Ah! Welcome Nicolle. You can have a seat in the back and I’ll speak with you in a moment. I nodded and took the first open seat. Mrs. Sutter continued on speaking and the students turned their heads back to the front. I glanced around to see if I know anyone in this class. I did. Troian and Tristan. Really?! Tristan kept glancing back a few times and Troian was just staring and smiling. I rolled my eyes and took out my phone.

Me to Aiden: I’m in room B9. Just so you don’t worry about not finding me when you come to my class. (: I’ll see you soon!

Just as I put my phone back into my bag, Mrs. Sutter finally came back to discuss what I will be doing. I wasn’t going to be tutoring today. I was just there so she can run things by me. Each week, I will be working with two different students. I must review all the basics and give the practice tests. She explained everything and I soaked it all in. I already have to tutor algebra one students and now French One students. This will so look good on college applications.

The rest of the period I just brushed up on French one and followed the lesson they were learning. When the bell rang, I stalled a little to wait for Aiden.

“Hey.” I got up and pulled over my bag.

“Hey Tris.” I smiled and walked out.

“So what brought you here to French One?”

“I was asked to tutor.”

We were out the door into the pouring rain. I pulled over my hood and looked around for Aiden. I spotted him under a big umbrella and walked towards him.

“I’ll see you around.” Tristan called.

Aiden smiled and I gave him a side hug and started walking in the direction of the overhang. I forgot about Tristan. I looked back and spotted him. He was walking towards Dom with an umbrella in his hand. He’s fine.