Trip to the ER

“Can we talk?” Tristan pleaded.

“It’s late and I’m tired.” I said heading back into my room.

“Wait, Please! Give me 5 minutes!”

I hesitated for a minute.

“Fine.” I closed my window grabbed a sweater and put on sweats. I walked outside and met up with Tristan.

“Talk.” I said.

“Nic, I know I’ve messed up a lot and all and I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything. I hate not talking to you. I miss our rides to school. I miss talking to you in class. I miss everything. I’m sorry I put Dom before you. I’m sorry that I haven’t been there for you. I’m sorry. I do miss you. Please forgive me. Please.”

There goes my happiness.

“Please say something.”

“Like I said Tristan, I forgive you. But I need distance right now. Can you understand that? We’ll work it out, but not now.”

He nodded.

“I also wanted to give you this.” He said pulling out a sash, a crown and a stick. “You deserve it.” He handed it to me and I took it.

“Thanks Tristan.” I said, trying to hold back the tears. “I’ll see you later. Goodnight. Bye.”

“Goodnight Letty.”

I headed back inside and ran up to my room. I put the things on my desk and hid in my bed sheets. I soon fell asleep.  

**

“Letty. Letty? Wake up. Letty.”

“A few more minutes.” I groaned hiding under the covers.

“We’re having lunch with the Clarksons today. Don’t make me flip you out of your bed.” Jon sang.

“You wouldn’t.”

“Oh I would. A little payback. “

“I’M UP!” I yelled.

Jon laughed. “Hurry and come down. We’re leaving in half an hour.”

I got out of bed and did the morning usual. I dressed in black tights, a long, loose purple sweater and a petite coat. I wrapped a white scarf around my neck and pulled on purple boots. I headed down stairs with ten minutes to spare.

“Good morning!” I said giving a kiss on a cheek to both my parents. I hugged EJ and I punched Jon on the arm.

“Why does he get a hug?!”

“Because you threatened to flip me out of bed.” I teased.

“You were going to do what, Jon?” My mom said sternly.

“Nothing. I was only scaring her to get up.”

I laughed and gave him a hug.

“How was the dance?” Dad asked taking a sip of his coffee.

“It was awesome!!” Jon bellowed.

“Yeah, it was amazing. I had loads of fun.” I added.

“It wasn’t prom, but it was fun!” EJ stated.

“Glad you guys had fun!” Dad said looking at his watch, “We should head out now.”

“Where are we going to eat?”

“Pho Noodles. This weather screams its name.”

“YAY!”

We all piled into the Cadillac and drove off. We made small talk on the way there. After twenty minutes, we arrived at the famous restaurant. The Clarksons were already waiting.