Recovery

“NIC! WE’RE GOING TO BE LATE!!” shouted Jon from outside my door.

I jumped out of bed; it was six twenty. In my mind, I have five minutes. In reality, I have thirty minutes. I quickly brushed my teeth as I combed my hair. I threw on a pair of skinny jeans and a grey long sleeve. I ran to my door and grabbed my petite coat and a grey scarf. I slipped on my vans and grabbed my bag and phone. I looked at myself in my mirror and ran downstairs.

“Morning! Bye!” I called past my mom while grabbing two granola bars and water.

It was seven and I have ten minutes to get to school. I did a last minute outfit check. I looked fine. I ran out the door and hopped into Jon’s car.

“Hey Charles!” I huffed out.

“Hey speedy Gonzales!” I started eating my breakfast.

“I’m going to find the mystery girl, Bella, today.” Charles said excitedly.

“There are a bunch of girls at our school with brunette hair and brown eyes.” Laughed Jon.

“I know. I will find her!”

“Jon’s right, you know. Who knows, it could have been me.” I joked trying to hold back the roars of laughter. Jon was trying not to laugh too.

“No, your voice sounds nothing like hers. And weren’t you sick at home?”

“Yup. Too sick.”

We got to school just as the bell rang. Which I was thankful for. I walked into first and quickly took a seat in the back. I let out a huge breathe and took out my notebook. I also took out my phone to text EJ how everything is going.

EJ: Morning from the three of us. The doctor is doing another x-ray. Then he’ll give Aiden a few instructions and stuff. We should be home by the time you guys get home. We still got to go back to V’s house to get more of their things. See you later!

I placed my phone back into my bag and started on the notes on the board as the final bell rang.

“Hey Nic.” Tristan whispered taking the seat next to me. I gave him a smile, though it was a cold, fake smile. He just nodded and took my response.

In second, Joyce was rambling on and on about Bella. “I wonder who she really is. She could be anyone. She could be in this class. What if we know her. I think it—“

I stopped listening to her bickering and doodled. Third was actually fun. Bryce is a really cool guy. I consider him as a friend, not because I’m with Aiden, but because I’m actually myself and we just share that friendship bond. Also, he likes a girl from his English class, the class he has with Jon. I wonder who that lucky girl is. Break went by quick. It was the usual table with the usual people. It wasn’t boring or anything, it’s just a usual thing. English was a bore. We talked about philosophy and William Shakespeare’s: Tragedy of Julius Caesar.

As I made my way too photography, I thought about how this class is going to go. Outside the door I inhaled a huge breath. I walked in the class to find Zale in his usual seat, Troian sat across the room and we have a partner activity. Who’s going to be my partner now?! I sat in my seat that was next to Zale and I tried my best no to look up at him. I ended up being partners with Daphne. She was a quiet girl. A very quiet girl. Though I did catch a few smiles and held back laughs when I was working with her.

Our activity was to arrange our random props, choose a background, the right amount of lighting and the angle. It was not easy. But Daphne took care of the background and lighting. I arranged the props and we both decided on an upward view.