All is Well

I opened my bathroom door. I slowly walked out, holding my towel really tight. I looked in my closet, no one. I looked at my closed door and looked around. My eyes landed on a small blue box with a ribbon and a note underneath it. I sat down on my bed and slipped the note out.

Nicolle,

                Please forgive me. After I dropped Ally off, I couldn’t just leave her. She was wasted. I was helping her. Nothing happened. When you called, my phone died. I’d rather say this in person, but you won’t listen. Ralf has the same phone as me, so I charged my phone. It was already three in the morning. So when I figured out he had the same phone. I charged it, but before it came to life, I fell asleep. I don’t know why I said I went to go look for you after. I’m sorry for making you worry. Please forgive me. This is a gift I was going to give you the night of the Justin Bieber’s concert, but I think you should have it now. I hope you like it. I know how much you love zebras. I miss you. Please, please forgive me.

                                                                                                                Aiden

I grabbed the blue box, untied the ribbon and opened it. Inside held a golden charm bracelet with a zebra charm, heart charm, a letter ‘A’ charm and a guitar charm. A tear fell onto the letter that was set on my lap. I held the chain to my chest. I really don’t deserve him, but I’m really glad I have him.

I guess that settles it. We were just separated at the moment. Just needed to work things out. He was being honest with me. Should I be honest with him? Should I tell him about the dance? He deserves to know. But what if he doesn’t take it too well?

I put the charm back in the box and changed. I dried my hair and put it up in a clip. I dug into my closet and grabbed my mask.

Me to Aiden: Meet me in the backyard.

I grabbed the box and put both items in the sweater’s pocket. I made my way to the backyard. I stopped at the sliding door and sighed. This could end up good or bad. I slid open the door and walked out into the night sky. Aiden was already waiting in the tent so I made my way over.

“Hey.”

“Hey.”

I climbed in next to him and we laid there staring at the sky.

“Does this mean you forgive me?” he turned his head to face me.

“Yes. But I don’t know if you’ll understand or take this well.” He shifted his whole body to face me. He looked at me very worried.

“I’m sure I’ll be okay with it?”

“Look, I had to go to it. I wasn’t in the brightest mood before but I just wanted to show people that I could have a good time without you guys. I did have a fun night that night. I really did. I was told information that I shouldn’t have heard. I also gave Charles hope in love.”

He looked confused now. This was the right time to take out my mask. I ran my finger on the edge of the mask. I pulled it out of my pocket and handed it to Aiden. He gave me a confused look and took it. He studied it for a long time.

“Say something.” I begged. I couldn’t stand the silence. I wanted to know what he was thinking.

“That was you?”

I nodded.

“So you knew I was going to ask you out?”

“No, I had no clue.”