A New Couple

It was five in the afternoon, Saturday. I finally got out of bed and brushed my teeth. I washed my face and changed my clothes. I went down stairs and walked into the kitchen. I froze.

Sitting before me were; Jon, EJ, Zale, Aiden, Charles, Tristan, Dylan, Crystal, Olivia, Jayde, Cathline, Maddie, Matt, Josh, Darren, Tiffany and Bryce.

Olivia was sitting on EJ’s lap; Jon was next to them, followed by Aiden, Charles, Tristan and Crystal. Zale and Jayde were sitting next to each other with his arm around Jayde. Cathline was sitting on Josh’s lap; Dylan was next to them next to Bryce. Maddie was sitting with Matt and next to them were Darren and Tiffany.

“Hey Nic! You missed out last night! You were even crowned Queen!” Cathline squealed.

I can’t let them know I was there.

“I know, Joyce texted me last night. What did I miss?” I grabbed a bowl, milk, Pops and a spoon and made myself cereal. I stayed a far distance from everyone, avoiding Tristan’s and Zale’s looks.

“The DJ was killer, and this mystery girl was there.” Olivia stated.

“Oh?!”

“Yeah, dude she was hot!” Charles said. “I got to dance with her.”

EJ and Jon were smiling.

“Who is she?”

“I don’t know, when I asked her, she said ‘secret’ and left.”

“She said the same to me.” Aiden said.

“Troian told me her name is Bella.” Crystal piped in. Oh so she was Troian’s date.

“No one at our school is named Bella.” Jon added trying not to laugh.

I shrugged and hurriedly walked back to my room.

I sat at my desk and ate in silence.

“Nic? Can I come in?” Aiden spoke.

My eyes flickered to where my dress and mask laid. I ran to them, grabbed them and shoved them into my closet in the back. My make up was on the counter. I shoved them into a drawer. I made sure everything was hidden; I made my way back to my cereal. I plugged my earphones in and played music.

“Nic?” Aiden knocked.

“Oh! Yeah?” I called calmly.

“Can I come in?”

“Yeah.”

The door opened and Aiden came in.

“Sorry, I was listening to music.” I said taking out the ear buds.

“It’s cool. I need to talk to you.”

“Hmm? About?” I said munching away on my cereal.

“Uhh. Well, last night…….” He hesitated. “I..I..I like you a lot. After we kissed and what not, I just couldn’t stop thinking about you. I don’t know. I was actually going to ask you to the dance, but you said you were still a little sick. I really like you. I’ve liked you since freshman year, but I didn’t know how you felt about me so I kept it hidden. Then the date and the night of the party. I was glad to have you in my arms.”

I stared at him in ‘aww’ but this was a lot to take in. I placed my hand on his. He looked up and smiled. His eyes, I just wanted to melt into a puddle.

“At the dance, I tried to get you out of my mind, but your name just kept popping into my head. I wanted to see you last night. I wanted to comfort you and help you feel better from your sickness. Then I heard your name called for queen and I looked around for you hoping you’d show up, but you didn’t even though you told me you were with your parents. ”