Chapter Three-Longing

(Donnie's POV)
07.15.2018
Dear Leo,
We just went to our first dinner party as a married couple, at your Senator friend's house. It was a small party and I felt a little out of place but having you introduce me as your husband made me feel so much better. I couldn't stop blushing as everyone's eyes came on us, but all I could look at was the beautiful and content smile you wore. I hope you're as happy with me as I am with you. I love you so much.
-Donatello

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to come right out and say it.

I wanted another baby.
You might think that two is enough but I always was willing to bring in more. We had so much room in the house. And I knew it wasn't the best time.. but I was ready for the mood around us to lighten up.

But this wasn't just going to be any baby, this one was going to be Leo's. I wanted to find a woman to carry a baby for us. Maybe it wouldn't work. But tech was so advanced these days, anything was possible. I knew I couldn't be the biological parent, but I would claim him or her as mine. Finally Leo could gaze into the eyes of a baby and see himself.
He doesn't look like Andrew at all. Andrew and I share similarities due to us being of the same heritage (his birth mother and I were very distant cousins, coincidentally), and so I can share his skin tone, his smile too. We have the same tiny gap in our teeth, but I guess that's common.
But Leo's Japanese. His eyes are as blue as Andrew's but a different shape, his skin is different, his hair and voice and smile is all his own.
And Teresa is Latina, so naturally she doesn't really look like either of us.
I would like Leo to really bond with a baby. Leo and Andrew used to be very close but our son doesn't open up to us anymore.
If only I were a girl...

Anyway I talked to a specialist and she said she would start looking around for someone who fit the job. I was so excited about the possibility that I could barely sleep, I was practically bouncing off the walls at the idea.

Leo decided suddenly he had a business conference to go to. However, I knew there was no such thing. I'm good friends with the secretary at the university so I asked her, she said she had no idea what I was talking about.

I was kind of upset that Leo was lying to me, but not overly worried. Maybe he just needed a weekend away.
Everyone did at some point right?

Right..

On the inside I felt like shit and knew he just couldn't stand being around me anymore. He'd started spending way more time than necessary out of the house, he ignored any call or text and when he got home, he'd talk to the kids and ignore me.

But it's fine. I probably did something to upset him. He just needed a little bit of space.

I woke up very early the next morning so I could finally talk to him, and he couldn't escape it.
He was already up and in the shower. I stretched for a moment and went into the master bathroom. "You're leaving this early?" I asked, opening the shower door and preparing to get in.

"Hey-" he quickly closed it. "No guests right now."
"But we always.."
"I don't care. I'm not really in the mood and I don't have time.. okay?" He went back to washing himself.
"It would save water.." I said a little quieter this time, picking up his phone in curiosity. What was his passcode again? He always had it as 927465 just because it looked complex but I cracked that really soon.
I typed in the password, but it was incorrect. He changed it.

I rolled my eyes and opened the shower door again, climbing in.
"Donnie-" he frowned and turned away, rinsing off. Water trickled down his back and I kissed the faint scar on his shoulder blade. "What's wrong, Leo?"
He flinched a little. "Nothing's wrong. I'm trying to finish my shower." He stared at the wall.
"Why won't you look at me..?" I dunked my head under the water.
"Just stop please.." He finally faced me, forcing a smile.