Chapter Twenty Three- Karai

(Leo's POV)

"Leo.. wake up. I'm at the hospital." My voicemail rang out at 7:30 a.m on December 22nd– the day I was supposed to take Donnie home for winter break. "Look, something's going wrong with our baby.. they say I can deliver now.. I'm twenty-nine weeks.. but I want you to be here. Please. Don't abandon me right now."

Even if I'm not the father? Even if I'm 110% sure I'm not biologically related to this kid? Okay. My good heart made me go to the hospital to stay with her. Even if she was a total bitch and homewrecker, she was probably really scared.

So leaving my kids with a babysitter, I made my way to the hospital on that crisp winter morning, personally feeling very anxious about what the outcome of today would be. Her baby would be extremely small, but would most definitely survive after a while of staying in the hospital. I hoped she wouldn't make me pay for it because I was struggling financially at the moment.

At least it wasn't mine so she couldn't make me. But her silly game was pretending it was mine when we both knew it wasn't.

I'd been using Donnie's phone over the past few days being that he 'stole' mine- I may have left it on purpose- and it was kind of fun seeing what Donnie liked based on his apps and music choices. He seemed to spend most of his time playing chess and solitaire, and he put two blue hearts around my name on his contact list.

💙Leo💙

He didn't have many songs, and the ones he purchased a few years back were all sweet love songs. But the ones from this year seemed to all be very dark and bluesie. I don't blame him.

"Can you stop looking at that damn phone for five minutes?? God Leo.." Karai rolled her eyes, tears hiding behind them. "What if he doesn't live?"
"What if he does? Let's stay hopeful, here. I ever tell you Raph was born six weeks early? He's perfectly normal now, but he only weighed three and a half pounds back then."

"Well this child is eleven weeks early! There's a huge difference, Leo!" She exclaimed, holding her stomach. "I want you in the operating room with me. Please."
"I will be. Just relax, okay?" I sighed quietly, feeling impatient. I needed to let Donnie know I'd be late today, but he wasn't answering any texts. I worried that he got caught or wouldn't be allowed to leave... I would know if only he would answer...

At a little past twelve thirty— three hours after I was supposed to go get him, an unknown number called his phone. I hesitantly picked up. "Hello?"
"Leo! You late!" Donnie exclaimed on the other end of the phone, presumably using the main line.
"I know.. I-I'm with Karai. She's about to have the baby. I'm not going to be able to get you until tonight.. I'm so sorry.."
"I.. I can't... please c-come now.." He whimpered, being unable to tell me what was bothering him. I had no idea he was locked in a freezing cold kitchen all night, and maybe if I had known I would've come sooner.
"Please hold on. I'll try to be there as soon as possible.."
"Leo..." He hung up quickly and I couldn't do anything about his situation as I was now being led into the operating room.

I stood by Karai as her stomach was sliced open and I took two steps back when they pulled out a baby boy with a streak of blond hair on his head. They let me hold him first once he'd been cleaned off. I smiled brightly upon seeing his Caucasian skin, blond hair and green eyes.
Just like Karai's ex boyfriend.

Quick reminder I've got black hair, Asian skin and dark blue eyes.

Karai is completely Japanese.