Chapter Six- Okay again?

(Leo's POV)
06.02.19
To Donatello-
Well, today is the day.. our first wedding anniversary. My god, so much has changed already.
It terrifies me I'm about to be thirty years old, but I know that it's just a stepping stone of life. I hope you still want to grow old with me because it looks like I've found my first grey hair.
-Leo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My alarm went off at just 3:45 in the morning, as we had to be at the airport by 5:00. I mean, when you're going all the way across the United States, you need an early start.
My original plan for a Jamaican vacation got changed by Mikey and Donnie as they decided they wanted to go to this beach on the Maryland-Delaware border for some reason.

Raph and I may have the money, but we do not make the decisions anymore.

Anyway, the plans were quickly changed and a townhouse on the beach was booked right away.

My second alarm went off. 3:50. We had to go.

"Leo.." Donnie mumbled, nudging me. "Please turn that thing off."

Donnie. We had got in an argument the night before. He made no sense! He was asking if I still found him attractive. Since when did that matter? 🙄

I don't love him for his looks, I love him for his heart. That's what changed me.

Donnie and I fell in love with each other over the winter of 2015-2016, and while he was totally open about his feelings, I hid them. He was the one telling me "I love you".
But I was just too afraid to say it. Even now, I don't want to overuse that sentence. I find it incredibly valuable and shouldn't be used like some kind of adjective.

But I do love him. Most of the time... I'm going to be honest.
Some days I don't love him at all. Some days he annoys me to no end and I just want him to
go away
and not even speak.

Other days the second I see him my heart does this flippy-flop thing and I can hardly breathe. Those are my madly in love days.

The morning I began this chapter on was one of those madly-in-love days. I was guilty. I felt really bad for yelling at him, and for cheating on him, and ignoring him. And I wanted to make it up to him.

I turned my alarm off. 3:51. I got up and picked up our suitcases, tugging them outside into the chilly middle-of-the-night/early-morning air, putting them in the back of the silver Civic I owned.

I went back up to our bedroom, just watching him. Donnie made our bed, still very sleepy and hair adorably ruffled. I couldn't help but smile as I observed.

He glanced over at me. "You okay?" Not leaving any time to answer, he went into the bathroom and washed his face to wake up further.

I followed him like a lovesick puppy.
Finally, he turned around, drying his hands. "Okay. What's with that dopey grin on your face?"

My cheeks warmed up as I pecked a kiss on his temple. "Nothing. I just... really love you."
Donnie blushed and looked away, chewing the inside of his cheek. "Shut up.."
"You gonna make me or do I have to ask?" I teased which caused him to laugh a bit, tugging me closer to him. Our lips met for the first time in days and it was divine.
I immediately snaked my arms across his lower back and deepened what we were starting.

He sighed in the kiss and was about to pull out of it, backing up a little when he tripped on a shoe and fell onto our bed; of course, dragging me with him.
We looked like two giggly teenagers in this position, and I touched his cheek to kiss him again- just as the door opened.

"Basement toilet's backed up!- oops.. bad time?" Mikey stood at the door, looking sheepish.
I climbed off of Donnie, fixing my shirt. "No.. not at all. I'll go fix that right away."
"Thanks." Mikey went into my room as if he owned it, sat on the bed and gave Donnie a look. Those two communicate with just their eyes and it's always amusing to watch.
Mikey: Sorry I barged in on your sexy time *wink wink*
Donnie: Knock it off. With a bright red blush.
~~
Thirty minutes later, we were finally on the way to the airport.
Andrew and Teresa were sound asleep in the back, and not in the greatest of moods. It was early, I get it. I wanted to sleep too.