Chapter Fifty- Reasons

(Narrator's POV)

It had been a long day at work and Leo could only look forward to going home and sleeping in a cold bed alone. He didn't want every day to be so miserable, but it was. Leo tried to make things cheerful for his children and took them out for dinner every night and to a movie if they behaved. But Friday night, he decided just to order pizza and send them to bed early before taking pills and falling asleep.

What could he say? He missed his Donnie.

Without him, life just wasn't the same. The house wasn't as clean and the bed was never made and laundry covered the bedroom floor. Out of habit, Leo continued leaving his socks and underwear on the floor before a shower, still expecting Donnie to yell at him over it. "There's this great thing called a laundry hamper, you should try it!" He'd say. Leo would never listen, but the laundry was always picked up and washed and put away neatly. Donnie apparently didn't mind as much as he thought. He missed feeling secure at night and feeling at peace as he listened to the soft breathing of Donnie while he slept.
Now, he was just cold and lonely.
This was it. Leo couldn't stand refraining from texting him any longer. And he had the perfect heartfelt thing to say.
~
EVERY FUCKUARY 💦14TH 💌💌DADDY CUPID💖 GETS READY TO AIM 🏹AND FIRE HIS ARROWS ⚡️ AT YOUR LOVER'S ASSHOLE 🙈🙊♥️👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨🔅🔆MAKE SURE YOU LET HIM KNOW 🤔😘 THAT HE IS YOUR ONE AND ONLY SUGAR DADDY👅💦😍😘😩👌👌 St. Valentine did NOT 🙅 die so you could be alone today 🙇MEET YOUR FAVORITE 👌💗 sugar DaDDY 🙈💦 toniGHT 🌃 at seven 🕖or you won't 😵 get any of his CUMMIES 😈💦❤️😩💖😍😘👌

I love you. Please say yes, this took forever to type.

Donnie was sitting in a cab when the phone buzzed. He stared at the message from Leo and did his best not to laugh. This so wasn't like him, that's what made it so humorous. Glancing at the time, he knew he still had a few hours until the said time, if he decided to go, that is.

Inviting me on such short notice isn't very romantic. But the flowers you sent this morning were beautiful. Thank you.

I didn't send any flowers...🤔

Yeah, okay. If you didn't know I wasn't back in town you wouldn't have invited me out to dinner in the first place. Where will this event take place?

Chewing his lip, Donnie glanced at his reflection in the mirror. He told himself that if he did decide to go, he'd have to shave everywhere and get a haircut? Was it worth it?

I made reservations near NYC. I'll text you the address.

I have other plans tonight.

And what would that be??

I'm supposed to get sugar daddy's CUMMIES, sorry...
~~
Leo paced around the parking lot at 6:55, continuously adjusting his dress shirt. Was this too dressy? What if Donnie came in something casual? What if he didn't show up at all?

6:57. Shit.

What if he didn't want to go home with him either? His kids were staying with a babysitter at the moment. They didn't even know Donnie was going to be around.

6:59. Nothing.

He's not late. Donnie is always prompt, I bet he'll be here right at 7:00. That's him.