Chapter Twenty Two- Locked

(Donnie's POV)
So... you left your phone here on purpose didn't you?

Obviously.
~~
With every day that passed by, life for me only got worse. For two days after I got in trouble, every time I'd pass someone in the hallway, they'd stare, poke me, make hand gestures and overall just make me really uncomfortable.

I abandoned eating in the cafe too, even at dessert time. Popsicles weren't the best at the moment with these patients.

So I got the food taken to my room, but I swear, and I'm not over exaggerating, every freaking time that door opened, somebody was standing there to tease me.

"So this is where it happened, huh?"
"Damn.. wish I was the nurse on surveillance watch."
"Did anybody get the tape? That'll be fun to watch this weekend."
"I'm surprised you're able to walk, Donnie."

And, after only one week, I already wanted to kill myself again. I didn't go out of my room at all, and you can imagine why. But once a day, late at night, I'd send Leo a message telling him about my day.
He told me I should go talk to a nurse about what was going on, but that would require me leaving the room and I was too afraid to do that. He told me he'd come get me on December 22nd and take me home. I'd have to return after Christmas break, though. Maybe a little time away would cause everyone else to forget the fiasco even happened?
I mean GOD, even if the nurse was looking, she wouldn't have seen anything! Everyone made it seem like we were actually in the act, but we weren't. I wished I could clear that up.

Finally, on the fifth day of hiding in my room, I decided to go out. I slowly opened the door and found the coast to be clear. Well.. that was because it was only seven in the morning, and no one was up yet. Or so I thought.
I asked a nurse if I could go for a run, and you know what she said?
"Look out the window, sweetie."
It looked like a blizzard out there. Great. Just great. Now I was stuck in this building with all these evil humans who enjoyed making fun of me.
"Is everything okay, Donnie?" She asked me.

I should've told her what was going on, but I didn't. "...homesick. I fine."

"Okay, dear. We're worried about you, so if there's something going on.. you can tell us and it will be resolved."
I looked down. "I just fine."
~~
I sat in the main lobby for a while, watching the snow fall while sketching a fireplace boredly. And then he just had to come sit down. The one armed, evil, evil man. Paul.
"Hey there, porn star. Surprised you came out of the closet you call a room. What brings you out?"
I glanced at him for just a moment. "Bored."

"Me too. That's why I'm here to pick on you. How's your sugar daddy?"
"God.. shut up. It not like that." I closed my sketch pad. "Was just a kiss, so back off."

"Just a kiss.. just a kiss? Oh come on, the door was locked and you two were alone. I saw you two." He smirked and poked my thigh. "You have pale and very nice legs, don't you?"

I closed my legs. "We not do it." I mean, wouldn't I know? Would I have been able to leap out of bed in the middle of something like that?
No.

"We not do it." He mocked me. "Then what were you doing, hm..? Cause everybody here wants to know when it's their turn."

"That's it." I stood up and stormed over to the front desk.
"Is there a problem, Donnie?" Nurse Hannah asked me.
"Yes!" Don't cry, don't cry... "Paul is.. teasing me."
She glanced over at him. "What was he doing? You have to tell me so I can file a report."

"He.. is teasing. Stands by my window— no.. my door– and everyone's do it."

"Hon, people walking outside your room does not mean they're trying to bother you. You do not own this building and you really need to adjust your attitude. They probably just want to be your friend."
I rolled my eyes. "Bullshit."
"You know what Donnie? Go back to your room. Nobody is in the mood for this today."