Chapter Thirteen- Andrew

(Leo's POV)
Sometimes I can sense when something bad is about to happen. Other times my senses are a little slow and I don't wake up until after it's happened.

My kid had been with me for... four days? And I thought everything was going well. So I wake I up on the morning of the fifth day to a strangely silent penthouse. He likes to wake up early and watch cartoons, but the tv was off. That should've been the first signal something happened.

Well, the second one was right in front of my face. Literally, resting on my face.

TO: D̶A̶D̶ Leonardo hamato
FROM: ME, DUH

I DON'T LIKE YOU ANEYMORE SO I AM RUNNING AWAY FOREVER SO DONT TRY AND FIND ME, you will never find me in Sentral Park!!
I hope your happy ☹️
P.s. I stoll 10 dollars from you becauz I hate you.

If I wasn't in a bad circumstance I may have laughed at this note, so yeah, maybe in twenty years or so we'll all look back at this and laugh.

BUT FIRST I HAD TO FREAK OUT. Central Park was just around the corner. Heh.. considering New York's traffic that could take all day.

How far could a seven year old have gotten in.. 25 minutes? It hadn't been that long according to the doorman. Okay. Did Andrew even know where Central Park was? Unless he got a taxi, I mean he did take some of my money.

I considered calling the police, but they wouldn't have come. They were far too busy, and besides, I was going to find him. Don't panic. Don't panic. Don't call Donnie- he's going to kill me.

This had happened before. Andrew was four and ran off at a busy airport. He almost got on a flight to Australia, but fortunately Donnie and I (and like 20 security guards who thought we were hijackers), got him off that plane. Last time, though, we weren't in New York City. What possessed him to run away?
Well-
I didn't want to, but I guess I should just let him explain.
Goodness, prepare yourselves for the first ever narration done by Andrew Hamato.
('・_・')
~~
(Andrew's POV)
I'm going to be in so much trouble when Dad finds me. I hope he woke up. This is the greatest plan ever!
Okay, I'll tell you since you obviously don't know, that's okay!
So, I only have two days left in New York with my dad before he probably goes away forever, so I want to have the best day ever! Buuuut he keeps taking me to these boring places. I just want to go to the park like a normal kid, but noooo he's like "blah blah blah Statue of Liberty blah blah Broadway blah blah this is the president of the United States say hi blah blah!"
I don't even care about that boring grown up stuff!

So I pretended to run away, stole ten dollars and now I just have to wait for him to find me! Then when he does, he'll have no choice but to stay at the playground. Maybe I can even convince him to get married to Donnie again!

Yeah.. they broke up. I'm really sad about that and I don't wanna talk about that, alright?

It's just that.. things were so great before Dad moved out. He was happy.. so was Donnie. They hugged and kissed and smiled and now neither of them even look alive. They look like.. zombies. I can't understand why they don't just say sorry and I love you and make things better again. It doesn't make any sense. Adults are just so complicated.

Anyways, I sat on a park swing, dragging my feet on the ground and watching a few boring grownups jog by. This one weirdo lady was like "You lost, kid?"