Chapter Two- Evening

(Leo's POV)
06.03.18
Well, here we are. The official first day of being married. You don't know I'm typing this because you're laying your head on my shoulder and sound asleep on this couch. We just watched your favorite movie, and I love how your eyes light up when you talk about things you enjoy.
I think yesterday was the best day of my life, and you have no idea how excited I am to start this journey with you, Donatello.
I should stop writing now and put you to bed, you're starting to stir.
I love you.
-Leo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yes, Principal James, he has all of his vaccinations.." I insisted, sitting at her desk. "Polio, chicken pox, whooping cough, flu shot, etc.," I sighed the nurse's dismissal note and picked up Andrew's backpack.

"He's been sent to my office three times this week due to misbehavior." She continued, adjusting her glasses. "Is anything going on at home, that might influence this?"

I sighed a bit. None of your business. "No, he's practically an angel at home. And everything's fine.. At least he seems fine to me."
"Well.. he's been isolating himself from his classmates and refuses group work. He skips recess and stays in the classroom, working on drawings. I took a look at them today and I think I know what's going on."
She handed me a stack of colored paper, and I examined the first one, exhaling. "Again?"

In front of me was a detailed drawing (for a seven year old) of what seemed to be me getting beat up by some stick figures, with fire all around.
And his character watched from not too far away, seeming scared.
Every picture was the same, although sometimes it switched to Donnie, being burned up. Every last picture held something happening to us.

I swallowed hard. "I must say I'm completely horrified." I tried to smile but couldn't.
"As you know, sir, we don't encourage our students to be hateful, and I don't know where he would've learned that. I would recommend talking to him about this to find out where he learned it."
"Yes, thank you, ma'am." I stood quickly and went into the nurse's office to take Andrew home. Good thing this was his last week of school.
He buckled in the back seat, and we drove to the store.
"Andy, is something bothering you?"
"No." He mumbled, looking out the window.

I parked at the supermarket. "I want you to know that me and Donnie love you."
"I know." His eyes filled with tears and he unbuckled, getting out of my car.
I followed, and we went inside. "Do you like your school?"
"No, it sucks." He mumbled.
"Why? I thought you liked playing with your friends there."
"They're not my friends anymore, okay?! Now leave me alone!" My kid was on the verge of tears.
I rested a hand on his shoulder. "I got made fun of when I was your age too. I didn't go to school because I couldn't speak English, and no kids at the park would play with me because we didn't understand each other."
"It's different for my friends. They know what I'm saying, and I know what they say."

I sighed and tossed a cereal box into the cart. "I got so upset I wouldn't leave my room. And I wouldn't tell my dad about it, which only made it worse." I emphasized the last part. "Once I told him, it got better. "And I can help you if you only tell me what's wrong."
Andrew poked his lip out and led me to the medicine aisle. He motioned for me to crouch down and whispered: "They told me you and Donnie are going to hell."
My eyes widened. "Who?"
"The twins. But don't tell anybody, you'll only make it worse." He breathed in shakily. "I told them it wasn't true but he told the whole class and now they all run away from me because I'm the devil apparently."
I scowled. Sonia and Kyle would be hearing from me in a few minutes.
~~
Once Andrew was being taken care of by Donnie, I walked across the street to the Penn's house and rung the doorbell, forcing a fake smile.
The teenage daughter answered the door. "Mo-om, Daaaaaad that guy from across the street is here!" She called. "Wait here." The girl disappeared down the hall.
Sonia and Kyle both came outside, forcing smiles. "Oh, what a pleasure to see you, uh.. Lawrence, is it?" Kyle smirked, his fat face annoying the hell out of me.
"Leo." I corrected. "Do you have a minute?"