Part Two: The Realization

Riley

It's been a month since school started and everything seems to be going fine. But that's it. Just... fine. I can sense the rising tension between Lucas, Maya and I. It doesn't seem like they can feel it. They're the same Lucas and Maya as always. The constant teasing, the long stares. Sometimes it's just too much and I  turn and talk to Farkle. Oh the perks of having another best friend that I'm able to tell anything to.

"Hey Farkle. Wanna come over and do homework after school?" I ask as I walk up to his locker.

"Hey Riles. I'd love to! We can work on that science assignment we got today." I felt someone walk up behind me. "Oh hey Lucas."

I turn around and am face to face with the boy who still makes my heart skip a beat every time I see him. "Hi."

"Hey. Were you guys talking about that science assignment we got today?"

Farkle speaks up before I can. "Yeah, and actually Riley was saying how she might need some help on it. I would but I have a date with Smackle."

I quickly turn back to Farkle with a look that says: What are you doing?!

"Oh, well if you need help on it, I could help you Riley." Lucas says. I look at Farkle a second longer, he just smiles at me with his goofy grin. I slowly turn back to Lucas and force a smile.

"Sure. We can work on it at the cafe."

"Alright. See you then." He says with a smile that just melts my heart and walks away. I turn back to Farkle.

"What were you thinking?!"

"I was thinking that you and Lucas need to talk. Nothing is going to be fixed if the only time you're with him is at school or with other people. You need to tell him how you really feel. Remember what I said? We don't lie to each other."

"I know." I say, looking down at my feet. "Thank you Farkle. For always being there for me."

"I'll always be here for you."

-------------------------------------------------------

Farkle

As I watched Riley leave with Lucas, I felt something I had never felt before. For some reason it bothered me that they were going somewhere alone. I had never felt this way before and I didn't know why I was feeling it now. I try to clear my head.

Calm down Farkle. Stop thinking like this. You're with Smackle.

I finally calm down, grab the rest of my books and head home. I needed to start doing some science fast or I'd explode with this weird new feeling.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading. Please give feedback and vote! It's greatly appreciated!

(april 3rd, 2016)