Part Five: The Best Friend

Riley

I'm sitting in my bay window, trying to relax after everything that has happened in the past week, when my best Maya climbs in through the window. She sits down next to me and we just sit like that for a second, knowing the conversation that is about to come.

"Riley-" She starts.

I turn and look at her in the eyes. No matter what's been going on we've always been able to talk to each other. It needs to stay that way, even now. So I look at Maya, letting her know that I am here to listen and to talk.

"Riley, I know what Lucas said to you and I also know that you told him you needed to think about it. I also know why you said that."

"You do?"

"Yes. I know you said that because you don't want to hurt me. You don't want Lucas to hurt me. Because you don't want this to be the end of us."

"Maya, I-"

"Let me finish. I want you to know that if you decide to say yes to Lucas, I won't walk away. I'll still be here. I'll still be your best friend. I won't let a boy be the end of us, and if this is how Lucas feels, and more importantly, how you feel, then how can I hold him, and you, back?"

"But Maya, I can't watch you step back again. I don't want to make you hold back your feelings."

"You won't. I'll find someone else. I mean maybe Josh and I have a future together at some point. But please, you have to promise me, that you won't let me be the reason that you don't say yes to Lucas."

"How did I come to deserve you Peaches?"

She just smiles and pulls me into a hug. Then she holds up her hand.

"Ring power."

I grab her hand.

"Ring power."

"Nothing can come between us, Riley. Especially not a guy."

Thanks for reading! This one is just kind of a short chapter to break away from Riarkle and Rucas and to focus on the girls. Next chapter up soon! Please comment vote<3

(april 13, 2016)