chapter six

+Haven+

Opening my eyes, i see the ceiling in my room. The black flowery design that converge at the center under the lightbulb. My bones feel heavy and drained. When i move my arm, i hear it pop. How long have i been out?

Turning my head towards the window, i freeze when i see a boy sleeping soundly, practically clinging to my head. moving slowly so i don't wake him, the events of before come crashing into me. Right. The stranger and his kid. the wings, the fire, the earth, the pain. The Dragon of Death... Holy cow! I just helped the Dragon of Death fight off three winged beings! What is wrong with me? He's supposed to be the bad guy!

The door to my room opens, revealing the stranger himself. Taking a deep breath, i slowly move my body, waiting for a world of pain to soar through me. But it never does, so I sit and realize that I'm just fine.

"I see you're awake." He leans agaisnt the door frame.

I nod. "I see you've got pants."

He smirks. "Found them. No clue who they belong to."

I look at the black loose sweat pants he has on. "Those are Tyler's. He's away at college so it doesnt matter."

"Whose that?"

"My brother...adopted brother?, or I'm the adopted sister?... His mother adopted me."

"Where's your mother?"

"She's away in Canada." Silence fell with his nod. I stared at him as he stared at me. neither one of us knowing what to say.

"Do you have a name?"He finally spoke as he rubbed the back of his neck. Being the people watcher i am, i've noticed several typical things people do when they feel out of place, nervous, or just awkward. This is definetly an awkward gesture.

I smile slightly. "Haven. Who are you?"

"Kazimeiras."

i frown. "How the heck do you say that? You know what, never mind. I caught Kaz, I'll call you that. How long have i been asleep?"

He shruggs, " a couple days. You we're hurt pretty bad it took awhile to heal.

No kidding. Having someone's hand Pierce your stomach isn't a simple injury. But why am I not still in pain? It takes people at least weeks to heal a broken leg. This was a stab to the stomach. He could've punctured my intestines or another organ there. There should be muscle pain. Why am I  all better?

"We heal fast. Depending on your essence and abilities, some can heal even faster than most." He said as if reading my mind.

"Oh... And what are 'We'?" I lock my eyes on his, slightly afraid of the answer. What if I am a witch or necromancer or demon? Then what would Tabby and Tyler say? Well Tyler would say 'I told you so'

"You really don't know what you are, do you?" There was a sadness behind his piercing eyes. At that moment, I realized they weren't just grey. They were grey with red specs. Sparks of red danced in the grey. And then,  his  face popped into my head.  They both had the same eyes. Except the red would be a light orange.

I stare at Kaz confused.  Why would he remind me of  him whoever he is.  I don't know who he was but his face has been burned in my memory since before I can remember.

"An orphan? I was found ten years ago in those fields i found you guys at. Everything before is just a blur." I debating rather or not I should mention it. "Well almost everything. I remember someone telling me about you. I'm sure you're the Dragon of Death. But then you and that other guy started using I don't know, magic and... I can use it too. But I don't have wings or turn into a dragon."