Chapter Seven

"Gaz." I pant as we lie on our backs, side by side in the dark.
"Mm-h?" Comes the slurred response.
"Gaz." I nudge him again. "This is important i need you to listen to me."
"Mm-h, im listening darl-hing." Gary breathes back against my ear as he rolls clumsily over to face me. "Im listening, im listening, im listening."
"No youre not!" I roll over to face him and hit him playfully on the chest. "Ill tell you in the morning. Now go to sleep."
"I dont want to sleep." Its dark, but i can tell hes grinning. "I want to make love to my wife."
"Youve just done that." I giggle, pushing onto his chest again and he rolls onto his back with ease.
"Nooo." Gary slurs, lifting a lethargic arm and hooking his fingers around the back of my neck. "I just fucked you, noww, i want to make love to you."
"Gary!" I laugh again, ducking under his grip and pulling the cover up the bed and over us. "Youre totally gone. Sleep."
"You havent said, i love you." He pouts like a child in the dark.
"I love you." I sigh happily, pulling the covers up to my chin. "Now sleep."
"But i need a kiss too." Gary gasps appalled and pouts again. Jesus Christ i think i prefer him sober.
"There." I mutter, plating a kiss over Garys lips. I go to pull away but he grabs me again.
"No." He smirks, "A proper one."
"That was a-" But before i can finish my sentence, Garys mouth is on mine. His tongue probing desperately at my lips and so i have no choice but to open them. I cant help but groan slowly as Gary runs his tongue against mine, his hands finding their way across my back, holding me in place as he pulls me down against him. Resting my forearms against his collar bones, i run my fingers through the sides of Garys hair as he deepens the kiss, making it suddenly more urgent, yet still demanding as his tongue claims each corner of my mouth. I kiss Gary back with equal passion as he runs his hands down from in between my shoulder blades to my bum, squeezing ever so gently and moaning softly onto my mouth, sending the vibrations rocketing right down my spine. Gary runs his tongue against mine a little more, until after what feels like forever, he pulls away. Leaving both of us breathless.
"Thats a proper kiss." Gary smiles against the corner of my mouth, puckering his lips slightly to kiss me again.
"H-mm." I sigh satisfied, suddenly im the one in need of sleep.
"Libby." He urges quietly.
"Mm-h?"
"I love you."
"I love you too Gary." I smile, nestling my head in the crook of his neck and wrapping my arms around his hard torso. "Now sleep."

                                                                        ***

"Wakey wakey." I place a steaming mug of black coffee down next to Gary and he grumbles uncomfortably under the duvet. "Come on Daddy." I smirk. "You need to get up and play." Gently, i lower a struggling Ethan down onto the bed.
"'Addy!" He giggles happily and begins to bounce on Garys legs. "Wakey 'addy! Wakey time!"
"Shit." Gary mumbles uncomfortably before pushing the covers back and squinting at me.
"'Addy!" Ethan cries happily and dives towards him, throwing his little arms around Garys neck.
"Ouch!" Gary half laughs, half grunts as he tickles Ethan until  he is rewarded by the hysteric squeal of glee. "Thank you." He gives me a weary smile as he spots the coffee.
"Pleasure." I answer, perching next to both him and Ethan on the edge of the bed. "Hows youre head?"
"Fucking awful." Gary grumbles, dropping back into the pillow as Ethan sits on his chest, now fascinated by the pattern on the duvet.
"Language." I roll my eyes, nodding my head towards Ethan. "It serves you right. Here," I push the coffee towards him. "Drink it now." I pull Ethan away slightly, giving Gary room to struggle up, before he once again clambers over his legs and nestles down in his lap. I cant help but notice Garys chest as the duvet tumbles down to his hips. Im sure his perfectly sculpted abs are glowing in the morning sun as his biceps bulge where he holds Ethan in one arm and drinks from the mug of coffee with the other. How the Hell did you ever get so lucky Lib?

"Libby?..Lib?!" Garys voice pulls me from my daydream and i refocus my gaze to see him waving a long fingered hand in front of my face.
"Sorry." I shake my head quickly, "I was miles away, what was it?"
"What were you going to tell me last night?" Gary smiles.
"Oh." I giggle as Ethan begins to twist Garys wedding ring around on his finger. "You werent that drunk then?"
"N-"
"Mumma, what this?" Ethan stretches Garys arm as far towards me as he can and guesters to the silver band.
"Thats daddys wedding ring, Ethe." I smile.
"Wha- what does. What does it do?" The toddler shakes his head as he concentrates hard on getting the words out.
"Nothing, baby boy." I smile again. "It does nothing, it just looks pretty." And i think ive satisfied his curiosity for a little while longer.
"What then?" Gary nudges my arm as i stare in awe at Ethan. "What were you going to tell me."
"I erm.." I look up and him and brace myself for the response. "I think i might stop working...."
"Fucking finally!" Gary half cries, tipping his head back and lifting his arms.I roll my eyes. Cocky, fucking bastard.

"I only said, i might, okay. And anyway, it would only be until Summer is one anyway."
"Summer?" Garys neck snaps back into position and he narrows his eyes at me.
"We agreed on Summer if its a girl!" I gasp.
"It could be a boy."
"It wont be." I shake my head.
"How do you know." Gary reaches forward and splays his fingers out over my small bump.
"I can just tell." I shrug with a smile, hoping hes bought my bullshit story.
"Summer it is then." Gary smiles back before nodding silently towards Ethan, who is still mesmerised by Garys hand.
"Not yet." I breathe, shaking my head. "Lets wait a little longer."
"I want to see his face though." Gary grins like a child and despite his fresh shaven face, its the first time hes looked anything like alive all morning.
"No!" I laugh. "Not yet baby, please, i dont want to jinks anything."
"We wont." Gary breathes, he leans forwards a little more. "Nothing will happen. I wont let it." He smiles, dipping his neck and pressing his lips against my stomach making me giggle.
"Fine." I sigh, backing down as usual when it comes to anything involving Gary. "But later."
"Later it is." Gary grins like a school child again, lifting his head and planting a loud, wet kiss against my lip