Chapter Sixty Three

Its bright. As hot and as bright as one would expect the late April heat would be on the island on Fregate; tucked away in the most remote corner of the Indian Ocean. Madam Zabre villa is open plan, contemporary, yet sophisticated in fitting with the Caribbean interior design. Soft beach wood, cream marble and white canopy drapes adorn the secluded beach house at every opportunity and when i open my eyes in the morning, im staring straight out at the azure blue of the Indian ocean and the soft white sand of our private beach.

There's a soft shifting of crisp white bed linen to my right and i turn my knot-free neck towards the source of the distraction.

"Morning." My husband, despite having only actually being on the island shy of forty-eight hours, is a delightful medium of suitably sun-kissed and sleep mused as he rolls onto his right side, tucking a forearm under an uber plush pillow and grinning insanely in my direction.

I smile, yawning a good morning, stretching madly underneath the soft cotton covers and humming appreciatively as the material slips away revealing a pair of naked torsos.

An then we lie there for a minute or two. Me, looking up at the translucent drapes of the canopy bed and the thatched ceiling of the beach house which glows a comforting gold in the morning sunshine, and Gary, devouring every inch of my naked flesh which also happens to glow a seductive gold against the white, sex-mused sheets beneath me.

And then we lie there for a little longer, listening to nothing but the sounds of our own breath and the soothing hush of the still ocean not one-hundred metres away.

And then we lie there some more, doing nothing at all but enjoying having absolutely no where else on this earth to be.

"What do you want today?" Gary is the first to break the silence, shuffling closer and propping his head up on this elbow. I yawn again, lethargically, as i drag my fingers back through my scalp in a vain attempt to de-tangle my sexed-up, sea weathered waves.

"Anything that doesnt involve moving from this spot for the next six hours." My eyes skim Garys appropriately ripped torso and sculptured shoulders before falling finally upon his face. He smiles slowly as i reach up and drag two fingers across the two-day stubble covering his perfectly square jaw-line. "Any ideas, Stud?"

Knowingly, his left eyebrow lifts ever so slightly as his smile ups itself to the full a-million-watt dazzler that only ever seems to make an appearance if faced with the prospect of good food or killer sex. "I might have one or two."

"Yeah?" His smile is infectious and within a second im grinning up into two green-eyes like a love-crazy fool. And that grin soon erupts into a bubble of laughter as Gary drops his lips to mine, kissing me with languid passion and sleepy affection. My hands worm their way around his shoulders, one holding onto the nape of his neck and the other lazily traipsing its way from the round of his shoulder, down his forearm and then back up into his hair. Finally, and reluctantly, Gary pulls away, but not before dropping a wet kiss onto my collar bone and nuzzling my ear in a way ive only ever known him to do.

"This is nice." He hums simply, dropping his head to my shoulder and inching five long fingers into my hair, holding me in place. I lean into the touch, clasping my hands together across his shoulder blades. "No phone. No internet. No where to be. No one to answer to. Its nice."

I nod in response, even though he cant see me and glance at the huge, ornate clock that hangs above the French doors opposite the four-poster bed we have currently entangled ourselves in.

Ten O'clock.

"We should call Ethan."

"What time is it?" Gary sighs against my collar bone.