Chapter Forty Nine

I don't know how long we've been lying there in relevant comfort with Gary wrapped around my midsts when I finally muster the will power to break the tranquil silence.

"Are you sure you don't need to go to a doctor?"

Silence.

I dip my head down onto the mattress and tug gently at his ear lobe with my left hand. "Gaz?"

Silence.

Sighing, I flop back, wrapping my arms around the broad shoulders and clutching him to me. There's a small hum of appreciation but other than that, Gary doesn't speak.

"Gary." I'm reluctant to wake him up, but I give his shoulder a gentle shake non the less.

His lips emit a sound somewhere between a grunt and a curse, pressing his nose against my cleavage and nuzzling. "What?"

Making an attempt to pull his face up to look at me, I run my thumb over his cheekbone. "I'm worried about you. You're never ill."

"Im fine." The croak of his voice betrays the stoney look in his eye. "I just need.." He trails off.

"Hmm?"

"Sleep." Gary grunts loudly, suddenly rolling off of me and onto his back, pulling the duvet over his head.

Hesitantly, i climb out of bed. "Where are you going?" Gary jumps, almost immediately, flinging his arms to his sides and bringing the duvet with them, he eyes me with a sudden urgancy.

"Do you want me to leave you for a bit?" Pulling his t-shirt over my head, i prepare for a shower.

"Not now."

Watching his gaze run riot over my naked body, I completely ignore the salacious undertones to Garys voice, proceeding to drag a towel out of the drawer by the wardrobe and turn to him sweetly. "Do you need me to get you anything?"

"Your ass would be quite nice."

"Gary!" I scold, fliging the t-shirt at his flu riddled face. "Youre suppose to be ill."

His eyes widen as his hands pull the t-shirt i just threw at him beneath his head. "I am ill."

I nod, and feeling Garys eyes bore into my naked frame, i wrap the towel around myself. "Right. Im going for a shower. Last chance, do you need me to get you anything, more paracetamol?"

Gary regards me for a moment, before rubbing two long fingers back and forth over the frown lines at his brow.

"Headache?"

He grunts his agreement, pulling his face into a tight ball and hissing out a sharp breath. Shaking my head, i wonder back to his bedside. "Get some god damn sleep."

"I need you with me." Gary whines, his left arm reaching forward to grip my thigh and despite his own ill state, its a firm hold. I roll my eyes.

"No you dont. And i need a shower. Get off."

"Let me come with you."

"Gary you can barely speak, let alone stand in a shower! Sleep."

"Then ill have a bath." He opens two green eyes to complete his plea. "Please."

Drawing in a deep breath, i throw him a sceptical glance. "Sleep while i have my shower, and ill see what i can do." I stand, but Gary catches my hand.

"N-n-n-no, i mean bath with me."

When i use the pause to fight to keep temptation at bay, instead of answering Gary, he carries on.