Double digits (pt 2)

Her eyes slowly opened. She found herself staring at a wooden ceiling. It took her a few seconds to realise she'd been tied down. "What the" she whispered. Looking around she saw she was in a sort of hut. She could see a cupboard on the wall to the right of her. To the left was a table with various tools on top above it was a small glass window.

The door slowly creaked open. Trish's head bolted up by the door stood Jaden. He looked frightened. Thank god Trish thought. "Jaden please help me out of this" she asked relieved. Her friend walked towards her slowly. Trish sighed with relief. Jaden looked down at Trish and smirked. "And why would I do that" he said menacingly.  Trish laughed "very funny seriously get me out of here please".

Jaden laughed "what and ruin all my hard work". Trish stopped laughing and looked around. Jaden continued "do you know how hard it was to pick you up and carry you all the way to this shed". He sounded annoyed. Trish struggled  trying to move her body it didn't work. "Stop joking around get me out of here now" she cried.

Jaden laughed more "you think I'm joking". They stood silent for a bit apart from Trish's silent sobbing. "Why" she croaked. Jaden paced beside the table Trish was tied to. "You know" he said firmly. "this is the part I hate the explanation oh why would you do this you're so nasty" he muttered. He looked his friend in the eyes and sighed. "Fine" he moaned. "You know the disappearances" Trish reluctantly nodded. Jaden walked towards the cupboard. Trish followed him with her eyes. Slowly he opened it to reveal nine jars each containing a human heart. Trish screamed in horror Jaden quickly ran to cover her mouth with duck tape. He laughed "well now you know where they went. Tears streamed down Trish's face. He looked at Trish and explained everything. She seemed to scream through the tape. "Don't worry Trish you're one of my best friends it won't hurt I'll give you some anaesthetic" he smiled.

"You know Trish you're lucky I don't normally put people to sleep" Jaden said comfortingly. Trish looked him directly in to his eyes with a mix of fear and sadness. "Don't look at me like that you'll always be my best friend you just were in the wrong place at the wrong time". Jaden sighed and got a small anaesthetic machine and untapped his friends mouth. "Jaden you don't have to do this you know people can help". Jaden smiled at her and gently placed the breathing mask over her mouth. Trish closed her eyes knowing they'd never open again. She lay there for a moment thinking about everything she'd miss. The machine was switched on and Trish felt herself fading away. Once she was fully asleep Jaden picked up a knife and made a deep cut on his friends chest.

Suddenly Jaden heard the door jolting. Everything stopped immediately Jaden shoved the knife in his pocket and ran towards the window. As he struggled to scramble out the door began to furiously shake. Finally he got out and sneaked a peak of who was trying to get in. It was a girl and her boyfriend. Any moment they would get in and see Trish laying on the table as well as the jars of hearts in the cupboard.

The boy slammed into the door. Jaden covered his eyes. A few seconds later a deafening scream could be heard from inside. Jaden ran behind a tree. He panicked in a few minutes the police would arrive.