The First Kill

The year was 1995. Sabrina was six years old she lived in a care home with her sister Cristal. They had been put there because her parents couldn't look after them anymore. Sabrina was a shy girl she tried to hide away from people as much as possible. She never said a word the day she arrived at the home. It was a dark place with walls painted a dark grey. Sabrina was bullied by her shyness no one seemed to understand her not even her own sister. Everyday she would go back to the home to face abuse from the people that were supposed to understand. She never fit the mold. Always stuck out in crowds. That's why she locks herself in her room. Which unlike the rest of the house was painted a gorgeous royal blue. She had a bed a wardrobe a book shelf. But most importantly she had a gift from her parents. The one thing that actually meant something to her. What was it? It was a cricket bat but it was different. On the handle of the bat were the words. Only use when needed xx. Her mum had always done weird things like that. There was a knock on Sabrina's door but she ignored it. A few long seconds went by. Another knock. "Sabrina if you don't answer this door you little bitch I swear I'll rip your head off." It was Amanda she was the one who bullied Sabrina the most. "Sabrina get out here now I want to talk to you." She wasn't falling for it Amanda was going to hurt Sabrina and Sabrina knew it. As the knocks got louder the words on the bat circled through her head. Only use when needed xx. The knocks turned into thumps. Only use when needed xx. The thumps turned into bangs. Only use when needed xx. Amanda crashed through the door. Sabrina grabbed the bat and in one foul swoop whacked Amanda in the head. Amanda got up "you little bitch" she screamed. Without thinking Sabrina whacked harder. Amanda fell to the floor. Now Sabrina was kicking Amanda in the ribs blood squirted everywhere. A few minutes later Sabrina stood back and saw the bloody mess that was Amanda on the floor. Seeing her dead made Sabrina feel more alive. "Bitch."