Chapter 4

Allie

I finished setting up the table. I ordered North's favorite takeout for lunch. It's a seafood special: breaded seasoned calamari, broiled shrimps and crunchy french fries. I know how much she loves this food after work. Since she's coming home earlier than normal today she definitely needs this. She sounded upset and worked up over the phone. I'm guessing it has something to do with Hector.

She's still upset with me. I can tell because she talks with slight attitude and doesn't bother to cling to me like usual. We've been sleeping further and further away from each other and its starting to bother me. Its little things like this you always have to pay attention too. I've learned a lot just being with Alix for a short amount of time.

I'm going to try and get her past this small predicament that's stuck on her mind. I even put on her favorite long sleeve shirt. It's a black thermal work out shirt. It hugs my torso nicely and makes me look fit, but also makes my curves look deadly. I understand why she likes it so much, I look damn good in it.

I hear a pair of keys get shoved into the keyhole on the opposite side of the door. I walk to it and unlock it myself, pulling the door open only to reveal my very angry looking unofficial girlfriend. She has her black leather purse hanging from her shoulder. I can tell he's dying to take of her black work dress and heels.

"Hey there ... grumpy." I said.

She sighs heavily and walks past me bumping my shoulder slightly. I let the door go as it slams shut. I lock it quickly and turn around. Her heels are currently clicking away to our room. She didn't even stop to look at the lunch I prepped for her. She also didn't notice my shirt.

I walk down the hall and peer at the room door. She's slipping out of her dress. I watch the dainty fabric slide down her hips and stop. She kicks her heels off and turns on toward me. I guess she sensed my presence.

I asked softly, "You okay?"

"No. Not really. I'm just having an off day." She replied.

"Tell me what happened - with Hector." I said.

"He called me over to his office to talk I guess. He randomly shows up after dumping the company on me. I'm tired of picking up after him and I'm tired of being treated like I'm his shadow. You know, sometimes he makes me feel like I was only adopted because he has no one to take over the company once he's too damn old to wipe his ass."

I take a few steps to her and give her a sad look. She folds her arms and looks away, huffing and puffing. I always knew she felt a part of his shadow. I also knew that she was more than likely going to be super pissed at him. I don't blame her for feeling the way she does.

"Is that why you left early?" I asked.

She turned her head back to me, "Yup. Told him I was taking the rest of the day off and I walked out."

I reached for her waist and pulled her toward me, "Well ... you walked right past my surprise. Do you want to get to that?"

Her arms unfold and her hands meet my shoulders, "Yes, I would totally like to be distracted right now and I love that shirt."

I smirk and lean into her lips. She still has a small coating of cherry flavored lip gloss on. She kisses me back softly and holds onto our kiss. Finally, we're kissing without any awkward tension. I grab her butt over her dress with my right hand and squeeze it. The dress is making it hard to get a good grip.

North presses my shoulders back and pulls away from me. I lick my lips constantly, trying to get the lip gloss off.

"What's wrong?" I asked.