Chapter 12

Allie

One week went by slow. I was really just ready to get up and runaway at one point, but luckily I didn't because North is finally taking me home. At the hospital, they let me move around on my feet for the first time and it almost didn't feel natural. For some reason when I stand it feels like my spine is weighing me down and my legs are super weak. So I've proven to myself that I need some psychical therapy.

They finally took my head bandage off even though the top of my head looks really weird. I have grey sweatpants on and a baggy white shirt because Stamos said wearing anything tight would most likely hurt right now. My back is filled with fresh scars and unfortunately he said that these scars will turn into rough skin.

North's car is beautiful; Mercedes Benz with lovely leather interior. We haven't said much since we got in the car. She's concentrating on the road while I'm taking in the city view. I can only remember bits and pieces of this place and apparently I've been here my whole life. It makes me sad. Everything good and bad, forgotten.

North pulls up into this huge parking lot. This makes sense because it's the city. She parks and turns the car off. She looks over at me and smiles.

"Ready to go home?" She asked softly.

Her dark hair is up in a ponytail and she has an eye melting low cut cream blouse on with tight jeans. She's so hot it's mind boggling.

I nodded, hesitant for some reason, "Finally."

"Let me get your wheelchair and the rest of the stuff." She said popping open her door.

She walks out, her heels tapping against the concrete. Now that I realize it, I'm actually kinda scared of cars now. Even though I don't remember the accident, I know when I do it's just going to make things worse. Crossing the street will probably never be the same again for me.

I hear the trunk popping open and North grunting. The squeaky metal chair hits the ground. The only thing I really want to do right now is shower.

We're finally upstairs. North pushes me in the chair and leaves me a few feet away from a white door with an obvious peak hole. She takes out her keys, which has probably about a million other keys on the metal ring, and unlocks the door.

She pushes it open revealing a narrow view inside. My eyes rest on nice wooden floors and glass windows and curtains. I can see what looks like the kitchen on the right and some couches on the left.

She gets behind me again and rolls me inside. I attempt to take everything in. My eyes dart all over the place. Well it's gorgeous, but it doesn't really feel like home. I guess I was expecting something a little less rich.

I hear the door shut behind me. North walks in my view and holds her arms out before dropping them to her sides.

"So what do you think? Think you could get used to it?" She asked.

"How is all the stuff so in tact? I'm almost positive I'm clumsy as shit." I responded.

She chuckled, "Don't worry you're not that bad."

I look around some more, spotting the two long hallways to the left and right. I'm guessing these are the bedrooms.

"So this is our life, huh?" I asked.

"It sure is," She replied. "Like it?"

I shrugged, "It's nice."

"You don't sound excited about it," She said sadly.

"I don't know it just ... doesn't feel familiar like I thought it would." I said quietly.

"We've only lived here for about four or three months now. Come on, let me show you our room." She said walking around me and twirling me around to the right.