Chapter 26: Part 1

Allie

Monday afternoon and it's raining out. I'm currently curling weights to burn off some anger and stress. Alix is here again and I feel her watching me from a distance. I haven't really acknowledged her or anyone I usually talk to here for that matter.

North and I have been stuck in this awkward stale mate since yesterday afternoon. Our conversations are one word replies. The elephant between us is only getting bigger and I know if it comes up again we'll fight about it.

I've been going over in my head numerous different phrases and just ... things I can say to my parents that will make them feel like shit. Something to get them to feel horrible about themselves. I want them to feel how I'm feeling.

Honestly, I don't like the idea of having a sibling. It's like I was the trial and error kid. Like I was never important and some type of fuck up. I'm not a fuck up and I'm not something you can toss aside.

I grunt as the weights meet my chest. My arms feel like they're on fire and my shoulders are tight. I lower my arms slowly, feeling a bit of sweat travel down my back. I watch my bones strain.

I place the weights back down and shake my arms.

"Hey ..."

I turn to see Alix standing a few inches away from me. Her hair is down, pushed behind her ears. Her grey tights look really good on her.

"Hey." I replied a little out of breath.

"Last week you could barely stand and now you're lifting weights?" She said.

I smiled, "Alix, they're only five pound weights."

"Five pounds is a lot for someone who got hit by a car."

I shrugged, "Not a lot for me I guess."

"Are you okay?" She asked quietly.

I think about the fact that I'm actually not okay, but do I tell her? It won't really make a difference.

I nodded, "I'm good."

"I don't know, you seem really tense."

"I mean I have a couple things on my mind, but ... it's nothing major." I replied.

She smiled, "Care to explain while we snack on something? I haven't seen you stop to drink water or eat."

I sighed, "Seriously why don't you hate me?"

"Because I'm not going to live with negative energy or feelings. I've forgave you a long time ago." She answered.

I spoke quietly, "I guess ..."

"Tiffany's not here today, I have enough lunch to share because I'm not eating all of it ... you're stressed about something ... just come sit and eat with me. Please." She said grabbing my arm.

"Guess I'd be stupid to pass up free food." I responded.

"You definitely would."

We walk to her small spot across the room. She has a big pink duffel bag in a corner with a half empty water bottle next to it and a black yoga mat.