Chapter 29

North

"Ms. Millian speaking." I said into my cell.

"Hey, North. I'm sorry about this, but I have to cancel Allie's appointment again." Maliah said.

I sighed softly, "Well it's a good thing that she's still asleep."

"I'm sorry. Jax has the flu and I have to take care of her."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I hope she gets better soon because the flu sucks. Don't get sick on me." I said.

She sighed, "I'm trying not too. Sorry again."

"That's okay, take as long as you need. Allie is ... fine."

"That didn't sound convincing at all."

I stare at Allie who's currently wrapped up in the bed sheets, "Well, she could really use a professional right now, but don't worry about it. We're making it work."

"You know if it's urgent we can arrange a Skype call." She offered.

"I will definitely ask her if she's up for it."

"Okay, just get back to me whenever. Bye."

"Bye, Maliah. Tell Jax to get better soon."

"Will do."

I put my phone back down on my desk and continue to stare at Allie. She's adorable when she sleeps. She looks peaceful and calm. She was tossing and turning last night again, but it wasn't for long. Her attitude was definitely dull. She didn't crack any sexual jokes and we didn't kiss for too long like we usually do. She wasn't herself.

My phone rings again and my eyes fall on the screen. It's Hector. I haven't spoke to him since he made me go home early that one day. I pick up the phone.

"What?" I said.

"Your mother and I want you and Allie to come over today. She's back home and making dinner." He answered.

I do miss my Mom, but I don't want to see him, "What, so you can scold me about her?"

"North, this isn't about you. Your Mother wants a nice get together."

I rolled my eyes, "Well it's a little bit of a long drive. Allie can't be cramped up for too long."

"I'll send a driver for you then. Their cars are nice and spacious."

"Fine. We'll go, but if you get on my nerves once, we're leaving."

"Just be ready by one. You have five hours to do whatever you have to do."

"Tell Mom don't make anything with strawberries. Allie is badly allergic to them."

"I'll let her know now. See you soon."

I hang up and get up from my chair. I guess an early shower will get things moving just a bit faster for me. I take off my shirt while walking to the hallway. I hear Allie moving the bed. I sigh softly peering into the bathroom. I slide my shorts off along with my underwear.

I go over everything in my head. From the day I ran into Allie on the street to now. I'm not sure why I over think those chain of events so much. I'm just scared for what's to come. It's always in the back of my head that Allie may possibly want to leave again. I won't know what to do.