Chapter 39

Allie

"What about this one?" North asked holding up a red strapless bra.

I shrugged, "Nobody sees your bra except me, why does it matter what it looks like?"

She slapped me with it, "Oh shut up."

We're in Victoria's Secret at the mall. It's kinda crowded in here with women all shapes and sizes running around with underwear, bras, lingerie and other things in their hands. It smells really good in here though and helping North pick out stuff is alright. I guess.

She doesn't stay in a bra and underwear for long when we're together. Hah.

"I need more thongs." She stated.

"You literally have a draw full of them."

"Yeah, but they're old and dingy. It's time for new ones."

"It's your money beautiful," I said. "You could buy this entire stock and it wouldn't make a dent in your income."

She puts the red strapless bra back down on the glass table, "Let's go to the underwear thing over there."

I follow her, "You mean the stand?"

"Yeah." She said.

It's been three days since North went back to the house and gave my Mom her business card. She hasn't tried contacting her yet. Every time the phone rings or North checks her email, I think that it's her. North simply tells me that she probably doesn't have enough privacy or time. She kinda explained what an abusive relationship is like in return made me curious if she's ever been in one. I didn't ask though.

"Have you ever noticed how expensive this stuff actually is? I mean underwear is a necessity, its not like these are luxurious items." I said.

"Welcome to the world. Where tampons are taxed because women should learn to control their periods." She mocked.

I chuckled, "Do you know that we don't actually need to wear bras?"

"Oh yeah?" She said picking up a neon pink thong. "Enlighten me sweetheart."

"Without bras our tits are protected from gravity. Bras cause back aches and pain. Without bras our body actually builds the muscle to give it that supporting lift. Also there's no real need for them unless your boobs hang to your belly. Society is just trash and used to shaming women into doing things like wearing bras." I said.

"Wow," She smiled.  "Someone's been doing their research."

I shrugged, "I have no job so I have all the time in the world to research."

"Research boobs?"

I smile, she caught me there, "No ..."

"Uh huh. I'm sure."

I playfully grab her from behind and whisper in her ear, "All I'm trying to say is that you don't need to wear a bra."

She giggled, "It just makes it easier for you doesn't it?"

I kiss her neck softly, "It makes it easier for you."

"Are you sure you don't need or want anything?" She asked. "I know how much you're starting to wear sports bras so now would be a great time."

"Not from here. I hate their stupid PINK label."

She pulled away from my hold, "You're so picky."

I smiled, "And you're not?"

She picked up a few more thongs of different colors and fabrics, "Definitely not as picky as you."

She's right, I'm really picky actually, "Also true. I would like a new pair of sneakers though."