Chapter 16: Can we go back? No.

I stood there while my jaw was throbbing trying to collect everything that just happened in the short 5 minutes. After I gathered my thoughts, I realized I needed to go after her, or Drew, or both. When I got outside neither where out there, Drew's car was gone and I caught Chloe's front door slamming shut. I ran inside and stormed up the stairs, I ran to my window to catch Chloe walking into her room. I gave her an apologetic smile, for whatever it was I did, and in return she rolled her eyes along with a disgusted look and slammed the curtains shut. I think I really messed up this time. What could I have possible done.

I heard Keaton walk into my room and land on my bed, just as quick he shot back up from where he was laying, "Shit, I forgot what happened here last night, gross." He brushed himself off as if he was wiping off unwanted germs, I didn't blame him.

"Why is everyone mad at me?!" I asked him , he looked off in the distance thinking a little bit, "I'm not really sure but I think it has to do with like something you said to Chloe."

"Yeah Keaton, I know that much too but what did I say to her!?"

He took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes like he was about to say something really important, "I have no idea, but I think it was bad." he raised his eyebrows trying to keep a straight face until he broke out in laughter.

"You have never been any help, just a pain in the ass."

"REALLY?!" he screamed, I gripped my head that was now throbbing worse than my jaw from the massive hangover I now realized I had, Keaton just laughed, "Man, all I know is you screwed up, I'll see you later." and with that he left and closed the door behind him.

I have to find out what I did, I threw on some clothes and walked over to Chloe's house, thank god Chloe didn't answer, her mom did. "Hello Wes, here for Chloe?"

I gave her my kiss ass smile, "Yes ma'am!"

She opened the door a little wider, "She is in the music room." she gave me a friendly smile and let me inside.

She hasn't hung around the music room in a really long time, I walked up the stairs and was about to walk into the room until I heard something I hadn't heard in such a long time it was actually un believable.

"Oooo baby I love your way, everyday, yeah yeah, I wanna tell you I love you way. oh yeah. Ooo baby I love your way every day, yeah, I wanna be with you every night and day, oh yeah. Oo baby I love your way every day yeah yeah. I wanna tell you I love you way. Ooo baby I love your way. yeah yeah. I wanna be with you night and day." The way she strum the guitar was so relaxed and in tune with her smooth easy going voice. I almost forgot about how her dad worked with mine in the music business way back when. Her dad now owns a music label and offered to sign her but it was never her thing like it was to me, Keaton and Drew. We would have been signed sooner but Drew wanted to have the satisfying feeling that someone was signing us because we where good not because he has known us for practically all of our life.

She strum the last cord and as it faded away I walked in to find tears streaming down her face, she turned to me and immediately turned away, "What do you want Wes!?" She quickly tried wiping away the tears but it wasn't possible because of how many there were.

I took the guitar away from her lap and got down on my knees to be eye level with her, "What wrong Chlo?" I tried wiping away a few tears, she took my hand off her face which took me back a little.

"You." She looked me dead in the eyes, giving me the iciest look she could conjure up.

I looked back at her, "Okay, I deserve that."

"Yeah you do." She sniffled her nose, "Remember when we learned that song together for our moms for mother's day?" she developed a small smile.

I smiled at the memory too, "Yeah."

"I miss us back then, but like you said I'm just a stupid slut." Just like that her smile went down, "Leave Wes." She stood up from where she was standing. "Now!" she yelled and stormed out of the room.

I ran down stairs, "I think she went down to the beach." Mel, Chloe's mom said as I walked down stairs, "Can I talk to you for a second babe?" she bent her index finger gesturing for me to come here.

"Yes?" I walked closer to her,

"You know about what Chloe's been through... correct?" I nodded my head, "She is going through so much right now sweetie, and no matter how much she pushed you away, you need to know she really does need you. That's what we Hart girls do, we push people away when we need them the most. Its not a trait I'm proud of, but its true. Just don't give up Wes. We all know about your extreme crush on her sweetie, and by the way you look at her I can tell you love her, you cant give up on someone you love." She was so spot on about everything it was actually scary.

"I really think I messed up this time though." I responded.

"She will forgive you, because at the back of her mind she knows as well that she needs you also." Her smile told me she really knew what she was talking about.

I gave her a smile, "Thanks"

"Aw, finally a real Wesley smile, not a kiss ass one" She smirked at me, there was the Mel I know.

I laughed as I ran out the door, Chloe's car was gone so I went inside, grabbed my keys and hopped in my car heading to the beach.

When I pulled into the parking lot I saw Chloe's car parked also, how did I know she was going to come to the board walk?

I got out and started walking down the insanely long board walk not seeing her anywhere until I spotted her sitting in the railing with her feet dangling off, I walked up to her, "Hey."

"What?" was all she said.

"Chloe... I legit have no idea what the hell I said to you last night but I am insanely sorry."

She looked at me for a second that looked back to the water, "Its okay, you where just telling the truth, what you really thought of me."

"Chloe, I was drunk."

She laughed a little, "I've never once met a lying drunk, when youre drunk its usually the truth that accidentally comes out."

"What did I say Chloe?" I set my hand on her shoulder and she shook it off.

She looked at me once more and answered my question, "You basically said my life decicions suck and I threw my baby away like a piece if trash."

I was totally taken back by what she now informed me of what I said, how could I have said that? I must have been really gone, I feel so horrible. I know realize all the shitty treatment she was giving me was what I deserved. "Chloe I would have never said anything like that had I been in my right mind."

"Yeah I know." There was silence between us, "Sometimes I wonder if it would have been a boy of girl. Not to weird you out or anything."

"That is definitely something to wonder, it doesn't weird me out" I lied, it definitely weirded me out. This coming from the Chloe who said she would never have kids, it was weird having this conversation with her I if I was being honest to myself.

I got out of my own thoughts and looked up at her examining the water, "How deep do you think it is?"

I stupidly answered her question, "Not as deep as the water we surf in." I looked down also. Before I knew it I was looking down at Chloe who now made a crash landing straight into the endless blue water "Oh my god!" I desperately looked around in the water for her head to pop back up to give me the sign that she was okay, I started to panicly call her name, "Chloe!" I ran a little to the left, "Chloe!!??"

I was completely besides myself in sheer panic, this was the feeling I only got when something involved Chloe. I hated this feeling, more than I hated myself for saying all those horrible things to Chloe.

With out a second thought I threw my own body over the railing and jumped in the ocean, I felt the water like little spikes against my skin as I crashed into the water. I struggled to swim up to where my head was sticking out of the water and I could finally breath. I looked around for Chloe and found her also moving her arms in circular motion to keep her head above water.

"Why are you always coming to save me Wesley!?" She yelled over the combination of the loud noises of the waves crashing into the support poles and all the noise from people on top of the boardwalk.

I swam towards her, "Because you're the stupidest fucking person I have ever met Chloe!" She started to swim away and I swam after her until my feet could touch the ground, I then grabbed her arm, "And because I'm in Love with you Chloe! Can you honestly say you don't see that? You don't see how I have fallen for you?! How I have loved you close to my entire life, even when you haven't loved me back. No matter what you do, I can't stop loving you, I'm physically incapable."

She stared at me for a while trying to gather everything I had just told her, "Wes."

"Nah, don't say it, I know you don't-"

She cut me off, tears started streaming down her face, "How can you love me after all the shit I have done to fuck up my life Wesley?!" She looked me right in the eyes. I could see just all the hurt the had developed over the last few years.

"Because you're you and I'm me, no matter how far you push me away I'll still stick around. No matter how much messed up shit I do to you, you'll stick around."

She now took a few steps closer to me, "Yeah, why is that?"

I took a step closer grabbing her hips, "Because no matter how much you deny it, I love you and you love me. And I know now that you're scared I'll chew you up and spit you like every other guy, but I wont and your really just going to have to trust me."

She took one final step closer to where is was impossible to get any closer, with one long breath in and out she said, "Ok." and grabbed my face landing a passionate kiss on my lips. She gave me yet another feeling than only Chloe was capable of creating.

I will literally do anything for this girl. I love her with everything I have.