Chapter 30: Hurt

I walked through the double white doors with Chloe, she clutched my hand begging me to protect her. I was just as scared as she was, if not more scared. I hated hospitals, but it looks like I would have to get more acquainted with them.

"Hello, Ms. Hart!" A blonde haired man that looked like he was in him 60's greeted Chloe.

"Hi, Dr. Anderson! This is my boyfriend, Wesley." He said as she let go of my hand to shake Dr. Anderson's but still gripped my arm.

"Nice to meet you, Doctor." I smiled and reached my hand out to his.

"Oh please son! I have 2 daughters at home, I feel like I know you already!" He smiled and gave me an intense hand shake.

"I'd love to meet them one day, sir!" I said to be polite.

"No son, its quite alright I know your probably just really focused on getting your lady up and going properly again! Am I right?" We all laughed, I already liked this guy. "Okay, right this way guys." He directed us to a room with a hospital bed, along side it was an IV along with a needle. "Have a seat right here, Chloe" The doctor said as he patted the hospital seat.

She gave him a weak smile, "Okay, so heres what's up. this will take about 45 minutes, and afterwards, I wont lie to you, you will probably want to puke." He dug through his pocket, "So heres some gum." He smiled at her.

"Anything else?" She took the gum and smiled at him,.

"Well, as these treatments go on... you know you will loose your hair." He said as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

She took it like a champ, "Yes, sir."

He smiled at her, "Yes, well that and you wont really be feeling yourself, you're going to want to bundle up a whole lot more, and you will be rather.. sluggish." He tapper her shoulder, "And that's it sweetie! The nurse will be in, in a few minutes. You will be in my prayers." and with that he walked out.

When the door closed Chloe let out an exaggerated breath as she closed her eyes and threw her head back. I walked up to her an put my hand on her shoulder, I kissed her forehead. I let my lips wrest there as 1 tear fell from my eyes. I quickly wiped it away so she wouldn't see.

She smiled up at me and I went back to sit down.

"Hey, babe." She said. I looked up at he and jerked my head in 'what' "I love you.' She smiled at me.

I laughed a little, but smiled at looked at her, "I love you more."

"10 bucks, she is going to say it isn't going to hurt and then its going to hurt like a little bitch." She said.

I laughed, "Yes, that is their job."

We where smiling at each other when the nurse came in, she had jersey accent and a short brown haircut, "Hey sweetie! Okay, I am going to put this is so quick you wont even feel it!" Chloe shot me a look and I couldn't help but laugh.

The nurse set everything up and then inserted the small needle into the blue vain located on Chloe's forearm, her eyes closed and her face scrunched up as it pierced her skin. The nurse placed some tape on the spot, "Okay, Ill be back every few minutes to come and check on you." And then she left.

I walked up to Chloe and massaged her shoulders, I couldn't think of anything else to do. If I could be going through this instead of Chloe I defiantly would in a heart beat. But sadly that wasn't possible.

When we where done I saw an immediate difference in Chloe, she was stumbling over her feet to reach my car, "Do you want to go get some ice cream?" I asked as I opened the door for her to get in.

She sat down with an umph, "Rain check.. I just really want to sleep."

I nodded and hopped into the drivers seat, I looked over at Chloe who now had brown bags under her eyes. This was going to be a lot, I cant stand to see Chloe like this.

When we got home she barley said Hi to Drew and Keaton before going up to bed to sleep, I threw my keys on the counter top and rubbed my face with my hands letting out a groaning noise.

Drew slapped my shoulder, "We'll get through this Wes." I smiled at him agreeing. At least me and Chloe weren't going through this alone, we had 2 amazing dudes helping us through this. We where going to get through this, I knew we would. I just don't know how I am going to do this and live my dream. Christmas is next week and after that we are back to discussing tours and radio interviews. I felt like a true old person with all this stress on me. But really the only thing that matters in this whole world, is Chloe. I would give up anything for Chloe.