Chapter 23: Keep it together

I walked Chloe to her room, "I'll see you in the morning, Chloe." I kissed her forehead and left her room. I was trying not to be so mad, I thought that if I calmed down that maybe this sudden urge to rip Jaspers insides out would pass.

I was now in my house, I really needed to just settle down, I don't want to do something I am going to regret, right? But will I actually regret this? Yes Wes, your going to regret this. I walked to the kitchen counter to find my keys, I picked them up and held them there for a second waiting for my blood to reach a normal temperature. I waited I would say a good 5 minutes, it wasn't going away.

I hopped in my car putting the key in the egnition not even sure of where I was going to go to find this bastard that lives in the night. Before I knew it I was driving back to the house party, there weren't as many people as there was when we where here but there was still a good amount. I went marching into the house looking for Jas everywhere, but he was no where, I didn't see him any where.

I grabbed some random dude that looked pretty much like a stoner, "Do you know where Jasper Sim is?"

"Uh, yeah I think he went to the spot with a bunch of friends." I didn't even bother saying thanks before that kid could realize who I was, if he knew, I was gone. I was back in my car on the way to the spot.

Jas still goes to hang out there? Wow... kind of pathetic. The spot, the spot under the bleachers where all the high school pot heads hung out.

I pulled into the parking lot, walking up to the spot. It was like high school over again, and I didn't really like it. I walked behind the bleachers to find Jas and 3 of his friends. He was laughing when I saw him, but as soon as he saw me his smile was quick to drop.

"What are you doing here Stromberg?" He threw the blunt down and now made eye contact not really sure of what I was going to do next.

The 6 simple words out of his disgusting mouth that meant nothing tipped me over the edge, I felt my hands crunch up into fists. All the blood was rushing to my skull, all the anger that I had ever felt in my whole entire like was all now bubbling up inside of me and I had one single punching bag right in front of me. Before I could even think to calm myself I was running up to Jasper and with one solid hit to some where on the face he was down. I don't know where I hit him but the hit of my knuckles to his face hurt already.

He was know on the floor and, I had one foot propped on his chest holding him down, "Just tell me, why did you do it Jas?!"

The blood was coming from what seemed like every where, his mouth and nose. As he struggled to talk through trying to stop the bleeding, "She was just another girl, man." he laughed as if he was asking for more.

Every instinct I had to beat the shit out of him I let settle down because I didn't know if I was going to regret it or not, right now it felt like I wouldn't but I don't know. I took my foot from his chest and kicked him as hard as I was capable of in the stomach, causing a loud agonizing scream to escape from his mouth. Leaving me with a satisfying feeling. All his little friends just stayed back and watched, not sure what to do. I hopped back into my car and drove home.

Getting into my room, I fell onto my bed. I cant change the past, and I knew this satisfying feeling was only going to last so long, until I started thinking about the two of them together. Right now it felt good to know I was the reason why he was going to be hurting tonight, me and Drew. I held onto that awesome feeling letting myself fall asleep, trying not to think about everything I am going to have to deal with tomorrow.

"Wake up." Someone was nudging me, trying to wake me up, it was Drew. I looked at the clock, it was already 12 in the after noon.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes a bit and sat up, "What?" was all I managed to say.