Chapter 36: This is right.

I dont know what I did... what could I have possible done. I thought I did everything right... doesnt every girl want this? I got to the room that I used to live in and fell back onto my bed. I starred at the celling which was covered with posters from Sound Garden to Sublime. I smiled at the thought of my high school days, they where so layed back and I never worried about a thing. But of course if I stop to think about my teenage years I have to think about the person that was there for it all. Through think and thin, Chloe. She was there for the colored hair days and the peirced eyebrow days, and I was also there for the douche bag guys and the getting drunk every night days. We where eachothers rock through it all, I think deep down we knew that it didnt matter how many guys and girls we hooked up with or dated we couldnt change fate, and fate was us together. After every heart break or screwed up mistake we where always just right next door from eachtoher, I always had a full house at home but the truth is no one could make me feel more secure than Chloe.

I got up and walked to my old ass dresser that barley opened anymore, and yanked out the bottom drawer and all the pictures fell out at once. I picked up the one on top and smiled at the memory, I had just gotten a brand new film camrea. Chloe was doing her homework at her desk by her window and I threw an orange at her window causing her to make the most epic scared/screaming face and I had the camera to capture the epic face.

I picked up another one, it was me and Chloe at the playground where we first met. She kicked my ass... literally. I remember looking up at my mom claiming I was going to marry her, if only it was that easy.

Then I came across one where I tried to do her hair and ended up accidentally dropping my gum in it.. I laughed at hoe pissed she looked in the picture. She held up her brunetter hair with the bright pink wad stuck good. Her cheeks where red with anger and she had so much life... unlike now. I miss the life that she once carried in her eyes and her face, it was quickly being furiously draind day by day. I put the picture down and starred out the window looking at Chloe's window.

Suddenly the light flashed on and her door opened, I saw her set a duffle bag down and plop on her bed starring at her ceiling like I did.

Like I said, fate.

I ran down stairs and over to Chloe's house. I didnt even bother to ring the door bell, it was like my second home. When I walked in Chloe's mom was in the kitchen warming up milk.

She took in a big gasp as she looked at me, "She's in her room... but you probably already knew that." I smiled at her and ran up the stairs.

I stood outside her door, nervous? I never got nervous around Chloe, but I guess when you get rejected you start to question some feelings. I opend her door and she layed away from her door.

"Thank you mom..."

I didn't bother correcting her I just walked to her bed and layed next to her on my side. I grabbed her and flipped her to where she was facing me, she gassped but I just pulled her as close as she could get and wrested her head in the nap of my neck as I kissed her forehead.

"Wes."

"Shhhhh, we don't have to talk about it right now."

She was silent, then tears rolled down her face. I just grabbed her tighter, "Please dont cry, baby."

"Why are you here?" She asked through her tears.

"I'm not sure, I just felt like I needed to be here, and apperantly you did too..."

"I love you so much."

"I love you so much more." I kissed her forhead. I brought her away a bit and wipped the tears from her face, "Why are you crying?"

"Because, I want to marry you."

A jolt of happiness came over me, then I realized she was crying because she wanted to marry me... "Then why are you crying?"

"Because Wesley, I want to marry you and be old together more than anything in this whole entire world... but that's not possible for me. The most you'll get out of me is a few years and then its over. Wes, you don't want to marry someone who is drying... and I don't want you to barry me."

She laughed a bit, "Do you think I haven't thought about this, Chloe? I have had sleepless nights thinking about this, and i've thought about it already. I have come to the conclusion that I dont care if we get married and I only have you 2 days after that, because then I get to say something that not all people get to say. Chloe, I get to say that I married the love of my life, and that is 100% enough for me. I want to call you my wife, Chloe. No matter what happens next."

She looked down as tears rolled off her face once again. I grabbed her and stood her up. I kept eye contact with her as I slowly lowered my one knee to the floor I grabbed her hand and pulled out the ring once again. My heart was racing, "Chloe, will you marry me?"

Vicious tears rolled down her eyes, she smiled extened her fingers, "Yes Wesley Stromberg. I will marry you." A big smiled spread across my face as I slid the ring on her finger and jumped up kissing her.

Now this is how it was suppose to feel.