Chapter 20: Halloween Really Is Scary

Its nearing the end of October which also means... Halloween.

Me and Chloe have always spent Halloween together, we trick-or-treated together since we where 7, and then it gradually turned into going to Halloween parties together. Which 3 years ago would have been fine, we would go to a party get fucked up and it would be a good ass night. Now though, I don't think I am able to have a good time like that ever again. The last time I got drunk I said things to Chloe I can never take back, and every time Chloe gets drunk something bad happens... the girl cant hold her alcohol.

I was sitting on the sofa when Drew came over and crash landed on the couch next to me, "So man, I cant wait to go to the annual 'Get fucked up' Halloween party!" He clapped his hands in excitement and looked over at me waiting for me to share the excitement, "Why aren't you exited, Wes? We live for this time of the year, well right next to Christmas. Cmon! girls half naked, its awesome!" he finally asked once he noticed I didn't exactly share the excitement.

I blew and exaggerated breath out from my mouth leaning back into the sofa wresting my head on the top to where I was now looking at the ceiling, "I dunno dude. I don't want to say I don't trust Chloe to get drunk," I sat up straight and looked Drew straight in the eye, "But I don't trust Chloe to get drunk." we both laughed.

Drew scratched his head and kind of looked down, "Do you trust yourself, man?" he kind of mumbled, then looked up at me to make sure I heard right.

"Eh, your right dude." We both laughed again.

"I have an idea!" Drew yelled at me, I looked at him gesturing for him to tell me his genius idea, he stuck both of his hands towards me like he was offering me something, "Make a pact with Chloe!" I gave him a confused look, what the hell was he talking about? "Make a pact that neither one of you will drink!" I gave him a look like he was crazy, you cant just go to one of these parties and not drink. "Okay okay, or just like a 3 drink minimum rule."

"Sounds more reasonable." I thought about it and the agreed. This would be a good thing, this was a perfect idea.

I walked up to my room to call Chloe, I couldn't help but glance at the now pretty empty bedroom window next to me, I missed being close to Chloe so much. Fuck this. I grabbed my keys off the night stand and took the 50 minute drive to Chloes.

When I arrived there I saw her car in the driveway, thank god. I would have sucked if I drove all the way over her and she wasn't even home, my mini romantic gesture would have been ruined.

I called her and told her I was here, she sounded kind of surprised but came out really happy and exited, which made me really happy and exited.

"Wes!" She said in a kinda high pitched happy voice, she soon wrapped her arms around me and kissed me. "Spend the night."

"Chloe..." I wasn't sure if we where ready to spend the night like that together yet, I didn't want to ruin anything with her.

"Shut up, Wes. Your spending the night. I'm tired of you leaving at like midnight or leaving right as I'm about to pass out, I want you to be there when I wake up!"

Ugh I cant say no to her, "Fine." She hugged me and I kissed her forehead.

We walked inside and Todd (aka tall blonde built cousin) was sitting on the couch watching football.

"Whats up bro!" He yelled to me still keeping his eyes glued to the T.V.

"Nothing bro!" He threw his hand back for me to slap,

"Wanna watch this game with me? Denver vs Giants!"

I bit my lip, I really want to watch this game but I looked over at Chloe who crooked her head, wanting me to spend time with her. "Hey, I have it recorded." Todd looked back at me and winked. I knew what he thought but I didn't really care. I didn't want to make it awkward.