Chapter 26: Thanksgiving

I rolled over to my side to find Chloe still sound asleep, she had been really sleepy these days. It was probably from all the packing and stuff, so that left me to just watching her sleep, she was such a peaceful sleeper.

Today my mom and dad, and Brent where coming down for thanksgiving. It was going to be fun, I'm hoping it isn't one of those stereotypical thanksgivings where we get all stressed out and end up fucking everything up. My family was nothing to get stressed about, I was blessed with a family that was just all around cool with everything. We believe in love, and to have lots of it. And that's all we needed.

My phone buzzed making a loud noise against my wood night stand, I looked over at Chloe to see if it woke her up... I didn't. I kind of wanted it too though.

I looked at my phone, it was a text from my mom:

"Sweetie, stick the Turkey in the oven now, over 400 degrees. B there in a few. Love u."

And it begins. I hopped out of bed and walked down stairs into the kitchen, Drew was already turning on the oven. He looked up at me and kinda smiled.

"Did mom text you guys too?" I looked behind me to find Keaton on the last step, half asleep rubbing his eyes, coming down to probably do the same thing.

"Yep." Me and Drew said in unison. We all laughed.

"I guess mom figured it would take all 3 of us to put the Turkey in the oven." I said.

We all laughed again, "Wheres Chloe?" Drew asked as he set the Turkey in the oven.

I went to the drawer to get the meat thermometer, "She's still asleep."

"Laraine didn't text her too?" Drew looked at me confused.

"Yeah I think she did, its just she has been really tired, I didn't want to wake her up." Drew nodded his head but still looked confused. Chloe had always been an early riser, but she had been sleeping a lot lately and skipping her morning jogs.

Just then she came waltzing down the stairs, she looked kind of confused like she wasn't sure where she was. She rubbed her eyes and walked over to Drew giving him a kiss on the cheek, "Morning baby." she said in his ear.

Drew looked mortified, and started laughing nervously, "Chlo, I'm, Drew." He gently put his hand on the small of her back and gently gave her a push in my direction, "That's... Wes..." He wasn't sure if he had to elaborate.

She squinted her eyes at me as I put my hands on her hips, "Sorry babe," She gave me a kiss on the lips, thank god she didn't do that to Drew, I would have killed both of them. "What's in the oven?" she asked.

"The turkey Chlo." she gave me a confused look, "For thanksgiving?"

Her eyes got wide, "Oh shit! I completely forgot!" She ran and grabbed her car keys and was about to run out the door, until I stepped in front of it.

"Chlo, where the hell are you going?!" I looked at her, she looked completely out of it.

"We need food for thanksgiving! I forgot to get it!" She was in full on panic.

"Chloe, we went grocery shopping 3 days ago."

She started to caLm down and her body looked like it went back into relaxed, "Oh yeah, wow. I completely forgot. I'm just not feeling to well, I.. I'm going to go take a shower." She gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked back up the stairs.

What just happened? "Whats wrong with Chloe, Wes?" Keaton asked as him and Drew walked up to me.

"I have no idea, I guess she is probably just stressed about Thanksgiving." I didn't really believe my own words, neither did they.