22) When The BELLE Tolls

Title: When The BELLE Tolls
Author: walkthefairylights3
What is 'When The BELLE Tolls'?
             - It is an ongoing story (one part, so far) about Aliens attacking earth in the year 3037, but then...hope may not all be lost. A girl called Belle, living in a small town on the shore, learns more of what they're doing, and sets out to help.

Rating -
             7.5/10

EBI -
       The use of Julian's name becomes a little bit tiring as it goes on about him escaping. E.g - Julian thrashes, Julian woke up, Julian escaped, Julian tumbled, Julian reached, Julia looked, Julian ran, Julian laid in a tree, Julian couldn't trust, Julian a fugitive, Julian wasn't sure, Julian could barely remember, Julian eventually...etc. It's fine to use his name, it's good because it makes the audience remember it, but try to add in more of 'he' and 'his', or have more sentences in between them that describes that he was lying in a tree, rather than just saying, 'Julian laid in a tree'. You could describe the tree, describe how he looked sitting in it, etc.

Review -
             'When The BELLE Tolls' is a beautiful twist on Beauty and The Beast, with dystopian settings and strange characters. The story foreshadows a fair bit, which only adds to the suspenseful atmosphere that the reader is already enduring. The first part is short but good, and I really cannot wait to read the next chapter, which will undoubtedly reveal more of the character's secrets, intentions, and plans.

Do I recommend 'When The BELLE Tolls'?
     - If you're looking for a short but sweet dystopian twist on 'Beauty and  The Beast', then 'When The BELLE Tolls' is absolutely perfect for you!

The story can now be found in my 'reviewed books' list on my profile here - DarlingDisgrace