96) Amateur Poems

Title: Amateur Poems
Author: @primrose12051999
What is 'Amateur Poems'?
        - POETRY! WHOOO!

Rating:
       8/10

EBI:
- Be careful of the odd typo
- Maybe find stories (like articles etc of people's experiences) to incorporate into your poetry. There's some cases of such strong emotion in some poems and in others they can be quite generalised to all victims (which is also an advantage to be honest) but don't shy away from specificity or cases of people who have been hurt by more than one thing (combinations of the issues you demonstrate in your poetry)
- When using an ellipses, make sure to include the third dot (...)
- Watch your use (and missing use) of capitals, either is fine but try to remain consistent or use it to your advantage

Review:
       'Amateur Poems' is quite an innocent name for a collection of such deep poetry that explores some of the most sensitive, darkest issues in humanity but also difficult things that occur in everyday life for some people in some places. This poetry is effective because not only does it touch the reader personally, but it uses language and vocabulary in a way most readers dream of. So many topics are touched on and given a voice through such artful writing. Although some poems are shorter than others, each has a life and a story of its own. Some of the poems written are just absolutely chilling and give not only a shock but a moment of realisation, almost, to the reader. Even in places where meanings are slightly more hidden, there is something so broken waiting to be unearthed but also that sense of something else - healing and reaching out towards other people who have had similar experiences. Someone once said that we make our lives by the little imprints and ripples we leave behind on other people. Somehow this poetry reminds people that hardship and pain, although so heartbreaking and traumatising and sometimes very real, lasting and enduring - cannot stay forever even in such a cruel world. Light comes again and just as the author says - 'nothing is permanent neither success nor failure'.

Blurb:
HIGHEST RANK #40 IN POETRY..
'I walk alone with bruises and scars, some over my body and some inside of me'
TRIGGER ALERT!!
Do not read if you get easily disturbed with topics like racism, rape, depression, sucide and death..

*Cover credit: @dreaminginadirection

*Winner of Equestrian awards!!

*2nd place in the BLOOMING AUTHORS awards

Happy reading beautiful!