72) Blackquest 40

Title: Blackquest 40
Author: jeff_bond
What is 'Blackquest 40'?
       - it is a story that incorporates a tech savvy, fiery, independent female lead with a challenging new world full of adversaries

Rating:
   7/10

EBI:
- Look at your comments, some of them are corrections you should follow up on, already made by other people, respond to them.
- Use more details so your readers understand where the story is going, if the characters are changing setting. Sometimes the transitions aren't quite clear enough. Explain things in more depth to your reader
- Use more emotive writing to connect with the reader through all of the tech words
- Use longer chapters or you might end up with lots of them!
- Work on the opening lines. The opening line to the story itself only repeats what's already in the blurb, try and make it more catching, thrilling or mysterious?

Review:
       'Blackquest 40' is a tech savvy, thrilling mystery. It centres on a character who is strong-willed and intuitive as well as good-hearted. The world experienced within this story is both science-y and modern, but also sets the foundation with all too familiar kinds of people. It has some dark mystery as well as interesting, class comedy between co-workers. It's a very intellectual story with certain extensive phrases that may take a lot to understand, however if you're culturally well versed, you'll enjoy it to the brim. It would also be a great story for other readers to read as you're constantly exposed to good techniques, new words and metaphors that in a sense, can be learned from.

Blurb:

"Deb Bollinger is too busy solving homelessness to deal with corporate-training-from-hell Blackquest 40. Her company's top engineer at just 27, Deb has blocked off her day to launch an app that finds spare beds for the homeless. When she's told all employees must drop everything for Blackquest, she refuses.

Trouble is, Elite Development - the outside firm administering the training - isn't really asking.

Blackquest 40 is corporate training like none before. A near-impossible project to be completed in 40 straight hours. No phones. No internet. Sleeping on cots. Nobody in, nobody out.

Deb tries leaving but is dragged back inside. With no choice but to accept the lockdown, she digs for information on Elite. As the outsiders take "extreme motivational techniques" to unreal heights - incarceration, forced amphetamine injections - Deb emerges as the company's best hope to reach the outside world and avert disaster.

Blackquest 40 layers a modern heroine and high-tech setting onto the classic Die Hard tale of HVAC fights, crackling comebacks, and villains with catastrophic master plans."