92) Was it Fate?

Title: Was it Fate?
Author: Heart_of_Dandelions
What is 'Was it Fate'?
          It is an odd one, that's for sure. An odd one worth the read, worth the time, worth the tears and confusion.

Rating:
      8/10 (9 if not for the accidental tense changes)

EBI:
• Apostrophe use (Pollys etc)
• Don't be afraid to describe less important characters or groups of people too
• Changes in tense ie 'spirits were real...they're...'
• Use of - and spacing
• Use of plurals (sometimes you use singular terms after stating multiple things)
• Include a snapshot of your story in the blurb (like a part or some quotes or something) because the blurb doesn't really do it too much justice (which is understandable because of how absolutely widely spectacular the plot is)

Review:
'Was It Fate?' employs a dark tenderness and a subtle beauty intertwined into one beautiful and descriptive sense of life. The characters are so real, so there, and the storyline outsmarts most. The use of wit by the character and the positivity applied to every situation creates a sense of triumph from the very beginning. This story is so original and quite frankly, it shines in the limelight. It's one of those stories that you just can't regret following through. There's a sinister sense of confusion where the reader is constantly trying to scrutinise what's going on and who everyone is - right from the start - but trying to pinpoint characters and who (or what) they are is pointless...reading on is the only way to find out, just as stated in the blurb. I was listening to a Melanie Martinez playlist in the background when reading this and it just suited it perfectly, to be honest. Especially Mad Hatter! It's amazing the kind of tone this story has alone, you can sense it from the onset. Everything, every description and scene is perfectly attenuated and brought into the atmosphere in such a darkly unique way. The writing style is superb, basically.

Blurb:

'In a world with Gods, spirits and demons, life can be strange. Life is strange already without such things. But with this strangeness comes a story. Stories would be a better fit. Everyone with a beating and even a no longer beating heart has one. Daisy, her family, and those whose stories intertwine with them are no exception. Follow them as they share their experiences from their point of view, revealing the heartwarming good and the heart wrenching bad.

Ask yourself: Was it fate?

Of course it was.'

If you're into darkness, or even the slightest tint of it, you'd be missing out by decking this perfect opportunity.

Was It Fate?