23) Memories

Title: Memories
Author: PurpleCielo1117
What is 'Memories'?
           - It's a short Romance where Jonathon, a boy, has the chance to either repeat history, or change the future.

Rating-
        8.8/10

EBI -
           The atmosphere although sad and teeming with bittersweet emotion, is really frustrating to read. It's a good kind of frustrating, but it's overdone a little bit. The main character (Jonathon) is telling himself that it's his fault and that he wasn't a good person, husband, or father, and it's obvious that he's feeling self-pity, but as an audience member it's frustrating because of all of the doubt and the repetitive emotions are going round and round...with no sort of action or development.
The main character is vulnerable and pitiful...but they're numb. The language is quite sorrowful and despairing, but there needs to be more raw emotion - something that really shakes the tree, you know?
I may not be making sense, so just ignore me if you don't understand.

Review -
       'Memories' is a sad, despairing story that tells of a man losing his wife, not to one thing, but to two - which makes the story all the more deeper and sorrowful. The children aren't mentioned too much, and the sentences are short, curbed, and not very descriptive, but still manage to create a lot of imagery for the reader. Reading it, you can visualise all of the sad things going on, and it's easy to put yourself in his (Jonathon's) shoes. Although, as we reach chapter two, the description amplifies by a lot.

Recommended?
         - Yes and no. The story is a hit with people and is quite relatable to those who have suffered strong elements of loss and grief, but in other lights it can be seen as quite sad, depressing, and pitiful. If you're not really into emotional stories and would prefer a hot, passionate, summer romance or a good detective story - then I don't think that this story is as much for you, as it is for those who would snuggle up next to a fire, or sit under a swing in the summer sun, and delve into other people's lives who have felt just as much pain and grief.
In short - if you like emotional stories, which can also be numbing, or relatable and inspirational - then this story is very much for you.

You know where to find it!