12: Agony of the Past

Hi readers!

Another update... Let's give a short break from Yumi & Dylan. I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's a bit important... :-)

Thank you.

==============

No Proofreading

==============                          

Chapter 12

Mila’s POV

“That bastard… how could he talk to me like that?!” I hiss, throwing my bag on the couch. Because my mood had ruined by some arrogant bastard, I decided to go home. And what did he just said to me? M-mabo? Or is it Pabo? Urgh! Whatever! Geez! He really knows how to piss someone. Good thing for him Allysa came in time or else, he will go home beaten. I smirk. I know I am just being dramatic but don’t blame me for acting like this. It’s been years since someone had guts to treat me harsh. Over years of being an Alpha’s daughter gave me a status of being respected and loved by our pack members, even the humans. Human… I smiled with the thought of Yumi. She is my very first true friend, I must say. I don’t really give trust easily to the people I’ve met. The truth is- I don’t have friends. Well, I used to have a bestfriend. Past tense. That was before she betrayed and used me. Remembering those days makes my blood boil in anger and disappointment. If only I knew.

-Flashback-

I was walking in the school hallway wearing a huge grin in my face. I got a two concert tickets of my bestfriends’ favorite band. I know how much she will like it. I continued walking until I heard loud laughter coming from locker area. I was about to ignore it when I heard a very familiar voice, my bestfriend. I decided to take a peek and hide from the nearest wall. I was curious of what they’re talking about. I don’t know why but I felt something weird about it.

They were all still laughing when my bestfriend speaks. “Mila is such an idiot.” She pause for a moment. I can feel my cheeks burning and my eyes waters with her harsh words. “Gosh! She really believed that I want to be bestfriends with her. Well, the truth is I really hate her. She is so ugly and annoying to be with. If she is not an Alpha’s daughter-” I can’t believe what I am hearing right now. ‘Why?’ is all I though.  We’ve been bestfriends for ten years. I come out of the wall I’m hiding and saw a shock look on their faces, especially her.

“Candice…” I look in her eyes and saw her face turns from shock to disgust. She crosses her arms on her chest and regains her composure in front of me.

“Yes, MY bestfriend…” She is making a gagging voice on me.

“Is it true?” I ask, still hoping what I hear is not true.

“Eavesdropping is rude.” She made a serious face. “Well in this case, let’s just get straight to the point since I assume that you already hear us.” The two girls with her look at me with a smirk. “Being bestfriends with you sucks! But since you’re an Alpha’s daughter, I thought I can… use you. All I want is to be closed with your brother.” I scowled at her. How dare her! “I like him so I thought if I could be friends with you and will help me to have him. But hell, your brother is like a stone! He can’t even take look on me. I even offer my body to him but just got rejected.” I gasped. I didn’t know about that. Now, I felt really bad, especially for my brother.