38.1: The Last Fight

New update. Enjoy reading.

==============

No Proofreading

==============

Chapter 38.1

Yumi’s POV

Chaos.

That’s how I can describe what was happening right at this moment. I can barely breathe at the scene. It was supposed to be a happy day for me. After all, it’s still my birthday. I felt a hand on my arms and look up to see Dylan.

“I’m sorry that you have to spent the rest of your birthday like this.” He said remorsefully. I gently turn to him and touch his face.

“Don’t say that. It will never be your fault.”  I smiled on him. “At least, I got to see my parents today. For that, I’m really glad.”

“Right.” He muttered and pulled me impossibly closer to him. “I’ll fight for you. No one can take you away from me.” He said but more likely just to himself. I didn’t say anything; I just content myself with hugging him tightly. I know how hard it was to stay like this in the middle of chaos but it’s just feels right. I close my eyes to feel Dylan’s warmth.

“Ayah.” I hate to ruin your moment but you need to go now.

“But, what about you?”

“We can handle ourselves. Just go.” She begged me. “Please.”

“Mama…”

“Amaia is right. You need to go now. We need you to be safe at all cost.” My father said quietly. I look at them hesitantly and they gave me a brief nod. I ran towards them to give a tight hug.

“You have to promise me that you will both be alive after this.” I said. “You have to promise…”

“We will.” They both said.

“I love you, kiddo.” Papa said as he lifts me up to his arms and kissing my temple. “Now, go.” He nods on Dylan and patted his shoulder. “Keep her safe.” He said meeting his eyes.

“You don’t need to say that to me.” Dylan huffed as my father smirked. They are staring at each other with a challenging aura. I turn my head on my mother who didn’t saying anything at this moment.

“What’s wrong, Mama?” Her eyes are brimming with tears.