23

Friday proved to be the best morning Luhan had ever experienced as he woke up to the pleasant surprise that was Sehun's grinning face.

"Hyung," the boy greeted excitedly, swooping down for a quick kiss that shocked Luhan awake. "Today is the day!"

Luhan could only stare, still trying to chase the last remnants of sleep from his body as he tried to comprehend what was happening. He was still in bed, still rolled up in his comfy blanket burrito, but rather than lying by his side as usual, Sehun (who'd made the decision to move back into Luhan's bed, "for warmth") was sprawled out across his torso, sitting up on his chest. It was by no means a rude awakening and Luhan was rather happy to wake up to a bubbly, joyful Sehun, but he couldn't understand what had brought on the change in the normal routine. Usually, it was Luhan who woke up first, Luhan who shook Sehun awake, Luhan who got them both ready for the day. To find Sehun, who was quite possibly the grumpiest morning person known to man, awake before him was certainly a surprise.

His words were confusing as well. Luhan's brain wasn't awake enough to remind him of what was so special about that day, so he just smiled lazily and snaked his arms around Sehun's waist. "What's today?"

Sehun pouted a little, but he smiled brightly once again. "Today is the day you get your cast off. You said you would take me out to celebrate."

Luhan let out a yawn as the words began to register in his mind. He remembered now, the two week recovery period for his shattered arm was finally over - which meant he was once again healthy and fit as a fiddle. He had made a promise to Sehun to celebrate his recovery and planned to sneak out into the glen again, this time with a picnic basket and some blankets so they could eat dinner under the stars. He smiled at the thought, bringing a hand up to Sehun's chin and pulling him down for another sweet kiss. 

“What do you want to do to celebrate, hmm?” he asked, grinning as Sehun tossed the covers aside, scrambling to sit up. He frowned a little in thought and took Luhan’s outstretched hand, gently helping him up into a sitting position before dragging his fingers down his Alpha’s bare chest to rub at the cast on his forearm.

“I don’t really know. Can we do something indoors? Maybe watch a movie?” he asked, looking up at Luhan through his lashes, biting his lip. Luhan fought the urge to kiss the expression off of his face and smiled, covering his mouth as he yawned.

“Of course. We can do whatever you want.”

Sehun instantly smiled. “I want to invite Suho, Lay, and Jongin.”

Despite the need to point out that it should only be the two of them on a happy date together, Luhan smiled and nodded, agreeing with whatever Sehun proposed. The Omega grinned, placing a sloppy kiss on Luhan’s cheek before hopping out of bed and bounding to the closet. Luhan watched him, still groggy from sleep.

“You’re in high spirits,” he mused, ruffling his disorganized bed hair. “Is this all because I’m getting my cast off, or is there another reason?”

“No reason,” Sehun answered quickly, grabbing the couple sweaters Luhan had gotten at the Monday Market weeks ago. He tossed one to Luhan, who shoved it on over his body, once again ruffling his hair. “I’m just excited.”

“I’m not complaining or anything,” Luhan reassured, finally pushing himself up to his feet and stretching both arms over his head, sighing at the satisfied pop of his joints as they came alive. “I think excitement is cute on you.”

“Shush,” Sehun deadpanned in response, shooting a glare over his shoulder. Luhan shrugged, padding over to him and winding both arms around his waist from behind.