21

The gravity of the situation only struck Luhan when the crowd around him began to cheer, whistling and clapping. He jumped, startled, and pulled away from Sehun only to glance around and realize he was in the most populated area in the entire school; the cafeteria.

Alphas, Betas, and Omegas alike were all staring at him and Sehun, watching their reunion, watching them as they overcame their problems together. It was like they were the main event of a circus show with the way everyone looked so enthusiastic; Luhan blushed crimson, pulling free of Sehun's embrace and resorting to simply holding his Omega's hand, turning his gaze to the floor. Sehun squeaked out, and he was burying his face in Luhan's shoulder only seconds after.

Lay and Jongin snickered and clapped from beside them, giving Luhan knowing looks. "Look who decided to show up."

"Took you long enough," Jongin added, glaring at him.

Luhan smiled sheepishly at the both of them, squeezing Sehun's hand for some comfort. "Sorry..."

Lay elbowed Jongin and gave him a smile, standing up and wrapping an arm around Sehun's shoulders, trying to block him from sight as best he could. "You're forgiven, Lu. I understand it was rough for you, I'm just glad you figured everything out so quickly."

Always comforting, always positive Lay always made Luhan feel better. He smiled to his best friend and turned towards the door, walking quickly out of the cafeteria and leaving the hoots and cat-calls behind him. Sehun whimpered in embarrassment the second they were free, and he pulled away only to duck under Luhan's arm and press into his side. Luhan gripped Sehun's waist tightly, kissing his cheek.

"Don't think that I've forgiven you," Jongin said. He came up on Luhan's other side and wagged a finger in his face, eyes hard. "You put my best friend through shit, you're going to have to climb your way back up the trust ladder."

"I'll do my best," Luhan retaliated, smiling when Jongin's fierce expression cracked. The other Alpha punched his shoulder a little harder than he normally would, but Luhan knew he was already cracking through Jongin's trust. Sehun seemed to notice as well, smiling softly at the exchange.

Sehun's jubilant expression soon morphed into cold indifference, however, as Luhan tried to steer him towards the Omega dorms. He wrapped his fingers around Luhan's elbow and tugged him back, frowning. "Hyung, don't you dare think you're going back to the dorms like this. We're going straight back to the Infirmary and I'm not letting you get out of that bed until you're fully healed."

Luhan blinked at him before he suddenly remembered all of his ailments, letting the pain come to the forefront of his mind. He winced as his arm throbbed, and he tried to smile through the gross, squishy feeling on his ankles. It was a wonder how Luhan hadn't felt all that pain a minute ago; hell, his entire body was nearly screaming in agony, begging him to lie down. He'd done himself quiet the number over the past few days. The Infirmary sounded like a great place to be at the moment.

He allowed Sehun to drag him slowly back to the hospital of the school, shoving the door aside and literally shoving him into the bed, pinning him down by crawling up after him and straddling his legs. Luhan could only smile sheepishly as Sehun glared daggers at him, digging his claws into the bed spread around him.

"If you try to run away again I won't hesitate to kill you dead on the spot," he threatened darkly before sitting up straight, turning to Healer Ruu, who was watching from a safe distance in amusement. He smiled and stepped forward, arms already full of the necessary equipment - wash cloths, a basin of water, some antibacterial spray, and plenty of topical gel. Luhan winced a little at the sheer number of the supplies it was going to take to nurse him back to health, but he guessed it was his fault. He did run off to the forest after all, with open wounds and a broken arm. Whatever horrible treatment was coming for him he deserved it.