38

"Brothers of the North! Leave the members of my Pack be, your battle is with me!" Head Alpha Cid bellowed, and all enemy eyes turned to the old man in the center of the arena. Whoops and hollers sounded amongst them as they slowly descended, approaching Head Alpha Cid like they were approaching prey.

"None of my students are to battle! Find safe ground and await someone's retrieval!" Head Alpha barked. Immediately, those who were still trying to get themselves into fights backed down, forced to retreat by the order. Head Alpha Cid turned back to Luhan, his eyes hard.

"Get everyone you can to safety," he demanded, and Luhan lowered his head in submission to their leader. "If you must, you will fight. I leave their protection in yours and Kris's hands. My advisors will assist you."

Nodding in understanding, Luhan quickly moved into the throng of people pushing and shoving each other aside. Doing his best to ignore every bump into his right side, he slammed his fist down on the elevator button and called out to the few who were nearby. Quickly, the elevator was filled with people, and it descended. From afar, he could see Kris doing the same, growling threateningly to a pair of wolves that were closing in.

Head Alpha Cid's advisors managed to keep the wolves at bay, giving Luhan and Kris enough time to fill the elevators full of Omegas and small children, sending them down to safety. On the other side of the arena, Suho had opened up the stairwell and was ushering more down as well.

He wished the Pack's security detail were more invested in the competition, but Head Alpha had positioned most of them around the school to protect the unmated Omegas. The idea at the time was perfect, however, now that enemy attack was upon them, it was not working in their favor. Luhan just hoped that some of the warriors could return from the school and help Head Alpha Cid.

Luhan could only watch the panic in a daze, watching as some wolves snapped their jaws towards their people. The Pack advisors and the few warriors that were present were always there to hold them back, but Luhan could only wonder how long they would last - the entirety of the Advisory Board were old and wizened much like Head Alpha Cid and seemed rusty at best in terms of battle, while the warriors were too far and too little in number to deal good damage, as they were also trying to hustle the crowds to safety. He watched one of the old advisors go down, and forced himself to look away when the wolf sank his fangs into his neck, killing him.

Noticing the battle was not going in their favor, he once again sprang into the heat of battle, landing a roundhouse kick on the attacking wolf and knocking it to the ground. Luhan slammed his heel into the wolf's shoulder, listening to the snap, before doing so again on his hind leg; now the wolf was properly incapacitated, and would not be able to kill another. He snarled as a new wolf took his place.

Kris seemed to be doing just as well on the other side, trying to fight the wolves with his bare hands, and surprisingly managing to do some damage. The both of them were fighting with everything they had to protect the members of their pack, and it managed to show as slowly, the opposing wolves either backed out or went down.

Thankfully, many of their pack mates had managed to escape into the safety of the underground tunnels, where they would probably escape into the school, which was much more heavily guarded. Only a handful of people remained, and all Luhan had to do was hold them off until every last person was through - then he would be able to join them. He took a threatening swipe at a nearby wolf with his good arm and forced him to move back, stalking forward with the advisors right behind him.

Finally, when the last of the unguarded Pack members scurried down the stairs and out of sight, Luhan ran back to the elevator. He ripped the button pad out from the wall, making sure the opposing wolves could not get down below, before rushing towards Suho by the stairs. He stood for a moment, carefully eyeing the wolves, before standing protectively before the stairs with his friend.