Chapter 3

What could he possibly need to talk to me about? All different kind of thoughts went through my brain. This could either be really good or really bad. I'm crossing my fingers for good.

"We can't talk here." Jacob said.

"Ok?" I said back. I led him out the door and into my car, "so where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere but here." He said. With all of the thoughts racing through my mind, I thought of the idea that I take him to my special place. The place where I can be alone and no one could find me. The car started and I pulled out of the parking lot.

"I have one question for you." I said.

"Yeah what is it?" Jacob replied.

"Why didn't we stay in touch?" I asked.

"I'll tell you about it later."

"Why?"

"I have my reasons." The car ride was silent the entire way there. You could only hear the sound of our short breaths in between the very few and spread out sighs. 15 minutes had passed. The silence was awkward, there was something not right with Jacob. He was usually very talkative and goofy around me. Maybe he has changed a lot. I looked over and saw him scrolling through his Instagram feed. He had just posted a photo and his phone was getting blown up with comments and likes. We reached a parking lot near the place that I was taking him to. I parked the car.

"Well, we are here." I said. Jacob quietly opened the door without speaking and got out. Very unusual, I thought to myself. "C'mon follow me." I motioned to Jacob and he followed. We started down the beach. Walking along the coastline was beautiful. It was about 3 in the afternoon. The sun was beating down on us and a slight breeze filled the air. We had reached the rocks that marked the private place that we could talk. No one, except me, of course, knew about this place, which guaranteed privacy.

"Callie we need to talk." Jacob said.

" I know that, but before you say anything tell me one thing. Why didn't we keep in touch? Did I do something to offend you or hurt you? I really want to know." I said. My voice cracked and I could feel my face start to get hot. Tears had filled my eyes.