Chapter 37

I ran into the bathroom and slammed the stall door shut, locking it behind me. I slid down the wall as tears ran down my face. Pregnant!? How Could Maia be pregnant. I thought that her and Jacob only started screwing last week. Was this even true though? As so many thoughts ran through my head, I pulled out my cell phone and immediately dialed Maia's number. *RING* *RING* "C'mon Maia, pick up" I said quietly.

"Callie?"Maia picked up.

"Pregnant?" I questioned.

"What? Who told you?" Maia said alertly.

"Actually it was a reporter that has been stalking Jacob. Said she overheard that you were pregnant and wanted to know who the father was. How is it that I'm just finding out about this?" I replied angrily.

" I was gonna tell you but-" Maia started.

"But what? You were too busy screwing my ex-boyfriend!?"I interrupted. "Is it his and for how long?"

"Yes and since a week before he left to Australia." She replied with a voice full of shame.

"What?!" I whisper yelled. "And you decided not to tell me this?"

"Sorry Callie. You're still one of the very few people that knows." Maia said innocently.

"You need to be more carefull with who you're telling before Jacob knows that it's his.Now, I gotta go drag you and your baby out of the media." I huffed. I hung up. Crap. I thought to myself. I wiped up the tears and took a deep breath. I opened the stall and looked in the mirror, making sure my make up wasn't running down my face and my face wasn't puffy. Luckily, I had held back most of the tears so I didn't look like a complete and total mess. I took a couple more deep breaths and opened the bathroom door and walked out. A whole bunch of people crowded around me as I continued to push through the crowd.

"Callie! Callie! Callie!" Everybody was calling. I ignored them and kept walking towards Allie.

"Get the car please." I said to Allie. She nodded, took the bags,and headed out to the car. I turned to the crowd of people. "Hey guys, I'm running really late. Can I do this another time?"

"Callie! Callie! Callie!" The paps perstisted.

"Really guys, please, I need to leave." I said souding aggitated. But they just ignored. They kept pushing and shoving to get closer to me. The crowd was growing more as I struggled to get out. The paps would just wouldn't give up and we're getting pushier. I had finally had enough. I stopped pushing and stood in the middle of the crowd. "Fine!!" I snapped. "You get one question and then you leave me alone." The room went quiet quickly and all the reporters looked at eachother as if they all had known the question that they had wanted to ask was the same.

"Callie!" One reporter shouted. "What is Jacob Sartorius really like?"

"That is one thing I don't know anything about. You may think I'm lying, no in fact I know you think I'm lying, but hear me out. Jacob used to be a sweet, kind, and loving human being but most importantly, he used to be my best friend. Those days are long gone even though I wish they weren't. I don't know what's going on in his life right now and honestly I don't really care. He has changed too much. He went from being a person that I loved and cared about to being a major doosh. In fact, his changes are the reason why I hate him so much. The Jacob that you know and love is not the Jacob that I used to know. I can't answer your question because I don't know who Jacob is anymore." I stated holding back all tears. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'd better get going."

Everyone sat there speechless. I had bottled up all of my emotions for too long and they had all just came out. Like word vomit, I couldn't stop it but o felt better after I got it out but what the future holds was starting to worry me. If Jacob didn't hate me yet, he would sure hate me after news of Maia's pregnancy and the possibility of it being his along with the damage I had just caused got out. I quickly pushed my way out of the crowd and out to Allie's car. "Drive!" I instructed. And Allie did just that. She pulled out of the mall parking lot and started towards the studio. U hopped into the back seat of Allie's car while she was driving and changed into my dress for the night. It wasn't long before I was completely dressed and ready and was sitting up front next to Allie again.

"You wanna talk about it?!" Allie asked concerned.

"Maybe later. " I smiled, brushing it off. Allie understood and drove the rest I'd the way without talking which is very rare, especially between the two of us. While the silence was awkward it gave me some time to think and really wrap my head around what had just happened. "Is Maia really pregnant?" I thought to myself, hoping that the right answer was no but not sure that it would be. Honestly, I was not sure of anything in my life at this point. Allie turned up the radio and we quietly listened to the songs. I didn't sing along which wasn't normal but I think I was just too overwhelmed to do anything. How could my life have gotten this complicated?