Chapter 25

I sat in the sand. Looking off into the sunset with tears running down my face.

"Callie?" A voice said, coming out of nowhere. I knew whose voice it was. I had heard it too many times.

"Go away, Jacob. I don't want to talk to you."

"But I want to talk to you. I miss you Callie."

"Please Jacob, just go back to Luna."

"No."

"Yes, now go away."

"No, I won't just leave you here like this. You are obviously hurting."

"I'm not hurting, my allergies have just started up again."

"You're hurting Callie."

"No-" I choked. It was really hard to speak. Jacob sat down right next to me. "What do you want?"

"Luna and I broke up."

"Called it."

"Whatever."

"Why?"

"She cheated on me."

"Now you know what that feels like Jacob."

"Yeah, and I can't believe I ever did that to you." He replied. You could hear the hurt in his voice.

"But you did."

"Why do you hate me?" Jacob asked out of the blue. I took a deep breath before I started speaking.

"I hate you because... you know what I actually don't hate you." I said back.

"You don't?" Jacob asked with a puzzled look on his face.

"No. I hate myself. I hate myself for getting close to you, for catching feelings for you, for dating you, for making countless memories with you. I hate myself for fighting with you, for laughing with you, for showing you off, for letting you know things about me that no one else knows." I took a deep breath as the tears continued to flow down my face. "I hate myself for thinking that fairytales existed, for running back to you, for giving you chance after chance knowing you'd still fuck up. I hate myself for for ever claiming you, for crying my eyes out right now, for being weak. But most of all, I hate myself for falling in love with you."

"Callie...don't" Jacob said sobbing.

"And it's just so sad because I really like you; more than I've liked anyone for a very long time. But reality slapped me in the face and I know that you can be mine. I won't ever get to call you mine because it would never work. And that's just not a big deal to you."

"It is a big deal to me Callie. I love you."

"That's what sucks. I can't tell if you are lying because you've gotten so good at it."

"I'm not lying."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Then prove it to me." I said, wiping away tears from my eyes. Jacob grabbed my cheek and kissed me passionately. I felt the sparks that I once did. It was amazing. He pulled away.

"If that doesn't prove it then I don't know what will." He said smirking. I sat on his lap facing him with my legs wrapped around his lower torso. I grabbed his face and kissed him. He kissed back in a heated session. Man, I sure had missed the feel of his soft lips and the way our movements were so smooth. Sitting on the beach, kissing Jacob at sunset, made me feel safe. And I hadn't felt safe in a long time. This moment almost felt too good to be true.