Chapted 14

Naomi's POV

I wake up to knocking on the bathroom door, I'm too scared to open it so I stay put with my back up against the door.

"Naomi, please open up." I hear Heathers voice

I stand up quickly, unlock the door and fall into her arms. I squeeze her so tightly because I'm afraid that if I let go I'll fall over. We stay like that for a couple of minutes, me crying on her shoulder while she rubs my back until I spot Wilson in my bedroom doorway. Quickly I let go her, straightening my black dress out.

"I'm so sorry that told you to go on a date with him. I didn't know he'd do all this." Heather looks into my eyes sympathetically.

"You couldn't have known." I walk past her and Wilson into the living room. All the events from last night come flooding back. Brian hitting me, him trying to have sex with me, its a lot. I look around the room, there's a hole in the tv,and the door to the refrigerator is torn off. I remember last night when Brian couldn't get inside my room he started destroying things.

I look over at the counter, the vanilla ice cream is completely melted, it's now a sticky puddle on the floor. I close my eyes so I won't cry anymore.

"Who did this?" Wilson comes up behind me.

I flinch so he backs up "Brian, he lost it last night." I stare at the puddle on the floor, wishing I could melt away and not have to deal with this.

"The cop?" He ask surprised.

I turn to face him "Yeah, the cop."

His hand goes out to take my face and I flinch again "He hit you?"

I walk over to the couch and sit down. Now I know how Heather felt, it's embarrassing to admit that you let someone hit you. It's even more embarrassing to have the bruises for everyone to see.

Heather sits next to me "You have to call the police."

I shake my head, laughing at myself because that's exactly the same thing I told Heather when Bobby hit her.

"Why not." Wilson glances at me.

"He's a cop okay. He'll probably get the whole thing thrown out." If Brian has connections to find out what Diego went to prison for I'm pretty damn sure he has connections to get this case thrown out.

"Fine, you're coming with us then." Wilson tells me.

"No." I don't want to go anywhere.

He laughs lightly "You're gonna stay here and risk that pendejo coming back and doing more damage because you don't want to see Diego right now?"

Heather shoots him a glare.

"I don't want to talk about it." I whisper.

Wilson lets out a groan "For fucks sake Naomi this guy didn't boot you're door, he came in here and hit you because a he's jealous. Jealously can make people do some crazy shit and I guarantee you he's not just gonna go away after this." He comes over to the couch and bends down to in front of me "Brian is gonna get worse and escalate, I know this for a fact. You need to come with us back to Tallahassee because I can't protect you if you're here by yourself."

I swipe the tears away that's running down my face "I don't need you're protection." I'm a big girl, I handle this myself.

He puts his hand on my knee "Look I want to protect you because Diego loves you and I love you like a sister. I don't want what happened to Amaya to happen to you, I couldn't take it. Diego definitely couldn't either."

Bobby and Brain are two different people.

"Please Naomi, I'm begging you to come back with us." His eyes water over and a tear drops from his eye.

"No."

He closes his eyes "At least let us help clean up and get some locks on your doors."

I agree to that.

***

For the rest of the day we clean up the mess then go out to buy pad locks for all of the doors in the house. It's nice to spend time with Heather and Wilson both because I've missed them.

I understand Will wants me to come back but I'm not going to and it is because of Diego. I mean I would love to see him, I would love to look in those beautiful brown eyes and play in his unruly curly hair and tell him how much I love him but I can't. I can't let him see me like this, all bruised and beaten.

I clean the puddle up on the floor, Heather cleans the kitchen while Wilson fixes the door on the refrigerator and put the pad locks on the front door, my bedroom door and the bathroom door. I'm so grateful for them both.

***

Heather and Wilson stay over for one night, Heather and I sleep in my bed while Wilson sleeps on the couch.

On Monday morning Heather and Wilson to ready to leave, I'm sitting on the island with my legs crossed.

"You gonna be okay?" Heather ask with her red hair in a top knot.

"I will, thank you." I jump down and hug her tightly. I'll miss her so much. She walks out the door so it's just Will and I together.

"Can you not tell Diego about this." I don't want him to worry about me.

He shakes his head "I can't keep this from him Naomi. I'll have to tell him sooner or later." He comes over and gives me a big hug "Call me if there's any problems, I'll be down here as fast as I can."

I hug him back "Thank you for all you're help."

"You're welcome doll." He lets go and walks out the door.

I lock the front door and padlock then go curl myself up in my bed. My phone dings as I begin to fall asleep, it's a text message. I think it's Heather or Will so I glance at it.

I'm sorry, darling I didn't mean to hurt you

The message reads. I look at the number but it's blocked. I look at the message again then scroll down, there's pictures of Heather, Will and I at the store, when we're coming back home then of them leaving. Fear floods through me. I know it's Brian but I just turn off my phone and try to go to sleep.