Chapter 24

Diego's POV

Six hours. Driving six hours in silence.

I tried to talk to her but she didn't want to listen. She's pissed at me because I said the truth. I'll admit I was harsh but she needed to hear it.

I knew that this happiness that we had wasn't going to last, it never does. Before she come down here, when she was at FAU our relationship was shit and our relationship is still shit. I honestly don't know how to make it better, I just keep fucking up everything with this woman that I love to death.

It's hard to know how to make things work when this is the only serious relationship I've ever been in. God only knows how happy I wanna make her.

***

When we arrive in front of Danny's house, I text Danny to tell him I'm outside then I get out of the truck. I try to help Noemi out too but she waves me off, I sigh and grab her suitcase instead.

We get to the doorstep and the door flings open instantly. He looks confused for a second "Hey guys, come on in."

The house is bigger than anything I've ever stepped into. When you first step in there's a wide ass hallway and by the hallway there's stairs, which I assume leads upstairs. Down the hallway the kitchen is right there, it's huge, it looks like a bedroom. When you turn left there's a living room with a big ass flat screen tv, with toys all over the place. I forgot he had two kids.

There's a sliding glass door right next to the living room and that leads to a patio and a nice big ass backyard.

Through the living room you come up on a half bathroom and that's where it meets the stairs.

We all sit down on the couch in the living room, including the two kids. Grace and Noemi introduce themselves to each other and it's awkward.

"I didn't know you'd be coming Noemi." Danny looks her way.

"Neither did I." She smiles at him but her tone says other wise.

Grace probably senses the tension in the room because she says "Naomi would you be ever so kind to help me fix dinner?"

"Sure." She picks one of the kids up and follows Grace into the kitchen.

***

I follow Danny into like a den area and he shuts the door. I sit down in one of the chairs and wait.

He comes out with a duffle bag and sets it on the desk "Here's all of it, I had to do a little convincing with Grace but I got it." He smiles at me like I'm supposed to be impressed.

"You told her what's it for?"

"Oh no, I would never."

I just nod my head. Grace does seem like the prude, the type of woman who only puts out once a month or even on special occasions, I couldn't be with someone like that. Now I'm not saying I only want sex from a woman but c'mon, once a month is not gonna cut it.

I grab a band and make sure it's not counterfeit money. It's not, thankfully.

"Everything okay with her?" Danny ask out of the fucking blue.