Chapter 41

2 months later - Baby Shower

The day is finally here, the day our families come together for a special occasion. I couldn't be happier.

All day we've been setting up, blowing up balloons, decorating, cooking and just having fun while doing it.

Diego, Wilson, Heather and I are like one big family who work really well together.

"So are we gonna ask them what they think the baby is when they arrive?" Diego and Will are sitting at the island counting candies we're gonna put in a jar.

"Yeah then tally it." Heather and I are putting up long blue and pink streamers. I'm glad I found her that day in the dorm showers because I don't know what I'd do without her. She's like the sister I never had.

She's been there for me through everything and I'm so grateful for her.

"Are you excited for everyone to be here, together?" Will ask from across the room.

Honestly I'm freaking out inside because I don't know how everyone's gonna interact with one another. Diego's mom never met my mom and vice versa.

"Sorta."

I want everyone to have a good time but I know that's not gonna happen.

***

As I'm looking at myself in the body length mirror Diego comes in, instantly my heart swells up. I can't contain my excitement when I see him and to know he's all mine makes me the happiest woman alive.

"You look beautiful." He comes up behind me in the mirror.

I took me forever to fit into the grey dress I'm wearing. It a bit snug at the top but it's flows from the my stomach down.

"Thank you." He's so sweet.

He bends down to give me small kisses on my neck and I lean back into him. Then he wraps his big hand around my neck, tilts my head back and plants his lips on mine.

Every time he kisses me I fall in love with him all over again. It's a beautiful feeling.

He pulls back. "You make me the happiest man alive, you know that?" He turns me around to face him. "I'm grateful that you're the woman who's carrying out child."

I feel my face stretching as I smile from ear to ear.

I see him dig into his pocket and pull out a tiny navy blue box, my heart starts to race. He opens the box, turns it to many and my hand goes to my mouth.

Inside is a beautiful diamond ring, it's not extravagant but simple, like me.

"I wanna make you Mrs. Noemi Sanchez and since you didn't want get married two months ago, I set it up for tonight." He grabs my left hand and slips the ring onto my ring finger.

"Okay." I say.

I place my hands on his face and kiss him with everything inside of me. In that moment I try to tell him everything I feel about him, how he makes me feel about myself.